Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to attach a D1 brush guard to a D2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to attach a D1 brush guard to a D2?

Im thinking about buying this but I do not see how or where it will attach to my D2. It is off a D1 but I like it better than the D2 guards. Anyone have any ideas on how to bolt it to my Rover?

Attached Thumbnails How to attach a D1 brush guard to a D2?-brush-guard.jpg  
Old 12-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

that is pretty much the same as the OEM D2 guards except that little nudge bar below the lights. same removable light guards and everything. do you have a brush guard on your truck now? there are cutouts on the plastic bumper that need to be cut out that will give you access to the mounting points on the frame.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Winching

No, no guard on my truck now. My bumper does not have the cutouts you refer to....

Old 12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Winching

The guard is off a 1997 DI, the seller does not think it will fit, said the front end of his Rover is different than mine. Any advice?

Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll need these, I had them on my DII when I pulled the factory guard off. Other than that, it should bolt up fine. The frame widths are the same from the DI-->DII as I put a DI winch tray on my truck.

Brush Bar Mounting Bracket Kit - Exterior Accessories for Land Rovers & Range Rovers

Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 PM
TReK

Not the best picture, but it's all I got.

This is my truck with the factory brush bar removed. Not sure which bumper you have, but regardless, you'll most likely have to make some cuts in it for the brush bar to slip through and bolt to the mounting brackets (sold separately, see response above).

The (crooked) yellow arrows point to the slots that were cut in my bumper from the factory. As you can see they are very small.

DSC_0195-2.jpg?t=1324318331

Step One : Bolt Brush Bar Mounting Bracket Kit - Exterior Accessories for Land Rovers & Range Rovers to Frame
Step Two : Bolt Brush Bar to Brush Bar Mounting Bracket Kit - Exterior Accessories for Land Rovers & Range Rovers

Hope this helps!

Old 12-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Winching

here is my front, I dont have the cut outs...Any advice on installing the the DI brush guard???

Attached Thumbnails How to attach a D1 brush guard to a D2?-10.jpg  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by aarongregor
here is my front, I dont have the cut outs...Any advice on installing the the DI brush guard???
Did you read the responses I posted? What didn't make sense, as I thought it is pretty much spelled out in my 2 posts?

I gave you a link for the mounting adapters

I showed you approximately where you'd need to make cuts in your bumper.

Did I miss something?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brush Bar Stabilizer Bracket Kit

Hi Rob,

I have factory brush bar without mounting brackets and thanks a lot for the instruction I'm going to order a pair of Brush Bar Mounting Bracket Kit (Item: STC50192G) from Atlantic British Ltd.

Do I also need Brush Bar Stabilizer Bracket Kit (Item: STC50320G)? Brush Bar Stabilizer Bracket Kit (Genuine Part # STC50320) - Land Rover bolts\clamps\brackets\washers from Atlantic British

Where can I find photos or installation instructions?

Many thanks!!

Paul
2000 Disco 2 SD

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Did you read the responses I posted? What didn't make sense, as I thought it is pretty much spelled out in my 2 posts?

I gave you a link for the mounting adapters

I showed you approximately where you'd need to make cuts in your bumper.

Did I miss something?

Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Whats up with you..

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Not the best picture, but it's all I got.

This is my truck with the factory brush bar removed. Not sure which bumper you have, but regardless, you'll most likely have to make some cuts in it for the brush bar to slip through and bolt to the mounting brackets (sold separately, see response above).

The (crooked) yellow arrows point to the slots that were cut in my bumper from the factory. As you can see they are very small.

Step One : Bolt Brush Bar Mounting Bracket Kit - Exterior Accessories for Land Rovers & Range Rovers to Frame
Step Two : Bolt Brush Bar to Brush Bar Mounting Bracket Kit - Exterior Accessories for Land Rovers & Range Rovers

Hope this helps!
Whats up with your post pictures?... Do you photoshop them?.... I have never seen it sunny in washington as much as all your photos....Somethings not right...

LOL.... C.

Quick Reply: How to attach a D1 brush guard to a D2?