Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Is The Water Getting THERE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Arrow How Is The Water Getting THERE?

Where can rain water get in my blower motor from?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Maybe plugged AC condensation drains? My duct that feeds fresh air to fan is a straight shot to just under the lip of the area where the pollen filter is by windscreen.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Maybe plugged AC condensation drains? My duct that feeds fresh air to fan is a straight shot to just under the lip of the area where the pollen filter is by windscreen.
AC drains are fine.

Wonder what can be done about preventing water from going into that duct, if that is indeed where it's coming from. Can't have the stuff draining into my Disco every time it rains.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem was finding water on the floor pass side.. small crack in the plastic cover under windshield I just put tape over the crack and sure enough it stop the leak from the blower motor.Now I need that cover....You could ck there,Yours maybe somewhere else never know about these mysterious beasts

Attached Thumbnails How Is The Water Getting THERE?-photo-1.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

There is actually a cover for the fresh air vent under the windshield where the HVAC blower gets its air from, if it has fallen off water will get in.
Also check the drains on both sides of the cowling under the windshield, if you open the hood and stick the garden hose in the empty space you can see if water is not draining away, it is common for leaves etc. to clog those drains.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the cowl is warped and the rubber lip is pulling away from the windshield, the water will run right into the blower.

I had the same problem. This is the part I ordered to fix it: Center Air Intake Moulding Assembly (Genuine Part # JAK000010PAM) - Land Rover body panels/fittings/trim exterior from Atlantic British

Old 03-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Arrow

Looks as if this is what is causing the issue. Two separate spots are pulled slightly away from the windscreen. No way in hell I'm going to give AtlanticBritish $200+ of my money though.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$287 is a small price to pay to keep the floorboards from rotting, electrical headers from shorting and having to replace the blower motor.

My carpets were soaked, not only from a leaking heater core but leaky sunroof drains and the heater intake leak. My OBD port stopped working and I learned why the fuse for my seat heaters and interior lights were blown. The water corroded the electrical headers under the blower motor causing a short. Oh, the blower motor would squeak too because of all the moisture causing the bearings to rust.

Sometimes the best fix is a replacement part. I guess you could try removing the moulding, putting a bead of silicone on the windshield where the moulding contacts, then let it dry and reassemble.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here ya go......Right Stuff

Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Problem solved, probably.

Quick Reply: How Is The Water Getting THERE?