Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel out of place

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:09 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel out of place

I love this forum, but it seems to me that everyone here is more about off roading and lifting their Land Rovers, I don't have a problem with that, but its really not my thing, I love reading about your trips, but if anyone is out there that has a question out rims, systems, tvs, or anything custom. Hit me up.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I feel out of place

i think most people who are going to "bling" their rovers generally are range rover drivers, from my understanding, there is a significant cultural difference between range rover drivers and disco drivers, both we're designed for off-road excursions, not the mall excursions like our cadillac escalade friends, but range rovers generally look alot better with "dubs"

Old 04-07-2008, 01:22 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why own a 4x4 then?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.... look at Jeep forum and then tell me how you feel. I see far less lifting and wheeling here than in many other forums and I am sorry that you feel left out. I think in the Disco section it is more prevalent than in the Range Rover section. Disco's are very capable off road and the cost is less than a Range when it comes to wanting to mutulate a vehicle, hence the reason you see more Disco's than Range's on the trail.

You will learn a lot here and it is always fun to see what others do with their spare time.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: Landzu

Why own a 4x4 then?
For image.
When I bought my first Land Rover in 1974 it was estimated that 85% of 4WD's were rarely, if ever, taken off-road. I'd say that percentage is in the high 95% + range now.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
TReK

ORIGINAL: youngmoney

I love this forum, but it seems to me that everyone here is more about off roading and lifting their Land Rovers, I don't have a problem with that, but its really not my thing, I love reading about your trips, but if anyone is out there that has a question out rims, systems, tvs, or anything custom. Hit me up.
Its good that someone knows custom setups.
Thanks for the offer of help.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:11 PM
jmt
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Although it is not the direction I wanted to take my 03, I can definitely respect where you're coming from.

I've got some experience installing stereos, etc. in my other vehicles and I'm always up to read posts about them.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Rock Crawling

I can also respect all forms of motorsport, rock crawling, 1/4 mile, road course, car shows,etc. Even thoughI purchased a 4x4, doesn't necessarily mean eventually I'll be going off trail. I'm kinda like yourself, on the opposite side of the fence. Ilike to lower my vehicles, lower center of gravity and better handling.I found my sig pic from eBay. I forgot what was being auctioned, but once I saw the lowered stance, I liked it. Yes, I'm aware my sig pic is not a Disco.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That one thing I love about land rovers, ever though they can go off road, you can do someamazing stuff to them for on raod looks. Dont feel left out, most of us here like to see that stuff too! Keep us updated on some of yur projects if you are doing anything.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not that everybody here does so much off-roading... It just appears that way because these trucks are SO capable off road that people serious about off-roading will often choose a Disco. It just is what it is. That doesn't mean that there aren't many people who stay on the road. I use mine mostly on the highway, butthe 4 wheel drivecomes in handy in snow and the occasional fishing trip. Sure, I love the way it looks, and that's partly why I chose it. Now that I have it I love how it tows, love the seating, love the way it's built, and those are the reasons I keep it. Anyway, I'm not a big-time off-roader either. I DON'T EVEN WANT CDL! (I'll bet that statement made some of you gasp!) Welcome to the club.

Quick Reply: I feel out of place