Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I had an idea for the forum....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:32 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had an idea for the forum....

I have to say that in a couple of days on here I absolutely love this forum. What a great place for information and help. Besides owning a Disco, I also own a vette and belong to CorvetteForum, which is also a very good source of information. The best part of that forum is that they have members take step by step write ups with pictures to show pure newbies how to DIY maintenance projects. With all of the things that break on our trucks, and so many newbies lurking with fear about getting into a Disco with all of the nuances, I think making a write-up section would be perfect. Not to mention, Disco Mike among others who take the time to help might actually get to sit back and relax more Unless, the members that do help out just have a passion for the truck and a kind heart so much that would actually not like sitting back from time to time. I know I have a 60k service comming up in the future and would like to do that in the nice summer weather, and other fixes, and I wouldnt mind doing write ups with pictures. I would just need to be led thru the processes first.

A member recently posted on how to change the wires with pictures and it was a great read. I think if we did this for all of the hot topics that come up very often we could end up with a nice library of DIY that would help others for years to come. So what do you think?

BTW if anyone here besides me is planning to do any repair and has a digital camera, but maybe does not know how to use art programs or add arrows or highlight the areas, I can do it for you no problem. My wife is a graphic designer and i'll pay her for her services with some late lovin

Old 05-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I had an idea for the forum....

I agree with you. I find that it is very time consuminig trying to search the posts here and a general help section with driveshaft replacement, brush bar installation, lights, radio, etc. would be of great use.There was one fellow that had detailed pics showing the install of an Ipod interface that was great, I used it to install my own but probably wouldn't have had it not been for his help on that post. Another sugestion might be to subdivide the disco section into groups dedicated to the repairs we all have to do, such as what I mentioned above. I love this site and am on it everyday at work just to keep up to date on what can go wrong. Thanks to all that put their time into it.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:45 PM
kaz
Overlanding

as another newbie, I concur.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
4wd Low

Does anyone to this date have photo write ups that perhaps Disco Mike can save to put in a tech area?