Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help finding a installation guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need help finding a installation guide

I just bought a brush bar for my land rover discovery2 and am wondering if anyone has installed one before. The part number is STC50022 and it appears as though I need to cut the bumper. I have searched online and around the various forums but can't find anything. If any of you all have some resources you can point me to I'd appreciate it or if there are other forums on here that I couldn't find. Thanks for your help!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: I need help finding a installation guide

I have not installed one on a DII, but on my DI it was four bolts. The front bumper is in two parts, once under the trk you will see what I mean, it is held on by four bolts, remove those bolts, slide the brush bar in place, replace the bolts, make your adjustments and tighten everything down.
I imagine that the two are very similar.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I think I understand how it actually attaches... it should be about the same as other trucks, I ammainly wondering about cutting the bumper. I talked to my local LR dealer and they said that there is no real instructions (even the ones they had, he said were unclear) and that I will probably just have to line it up and cut another hole like the one the recover hook protrudes from. I just don't want to cut it if there is an easier option. I figured I would cut and find out that there is a panel that snaps out or something!!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The front of my bumper just snapped out. If you are using a LR brush bar than I am 90% sure that there is no cutting involved.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Im not sure if this is the exact same brush bar, but I think it will be installed the same or similarly since yours is also a wrap around. If nothing else it will give you a good idea of what to look for and how its done. Check this out:

http://www.roverparts.com/Instructio...Bar_9403D2.cfm

Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The genuine brush bar install has many more installation steps, and includes a template for the bumper. The instructions are on the Rave cd. I might be able to do some screen captures from the Rave cd if you don't have a copy yet.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks for all the input! I have already checked out those instructions on roverparts.com and I understand that part I just can't seem to find anything on how to get to those chassis leg brackets without cutting. If you are looking at the front of my rover, the right recovery hook seems to be attached to the chassis legand has a snap out opening, the left however is under the panel below the bumper. I have no problem cutting the bumper I just want to make sure that I do it right. I would appreciate it if disco2guy would send me the pages referencing the bumper attachments and such from the rave cd ifhe doesn't mind emailing them to me at jsmith23@covhlth.com. (I haven't been able to download it right so I will probably get the cd off of ebay.) I am planning on doing the install this weekend and I think I will take some pics to post because I haven't been able to find anything helpfull on the net yet. Thanks again!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

You have to cut the Tow hitch plate on 1 side, and then match up a hole for the opposite side to allow the bullbar to go through the bumper to the brackets.

heres the genuine instructions for you If you need a close up photo, just shout and ill take a few of mine.

EDIT, just found a photo on my winch install thats relevant, here you can see the "cut/ hole" that is opposite to the tow hitch cover to give you an idea

The following users liked this post:
CBRacerX (04-13-2015)
Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle

That is perfect!!!! I swear I feel like I could pay this site a couple hundred a month for its services and still be coming out cheaper than without it!! Thanks again for everybody's help and I will post some pics when I am done.