Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I removed the springs and Discovery is discharging the battery!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010 | 08:31 AM
|
4wd Low
Default I removed the springs and Discovery is discharging the battery!

After removing the air springs, the battery drains very quick! What can I do? Heeeelllp. I'm in the interior of Brazil and there's Land Rover dealership here! Sorry my english!

[] 'S

Caio

Old 07-24-2010 | 10:25 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default Easy

easy fix... make sure first your height sensors are disconnected or better take them out and tape the plug ends. go and pull the height relays and fuses in the fuse box in the engine compartment. they have pictures of which ones on the fuse cover. When you get a chance go buy dealer or better a indy shop and have them get rid of the height light on the dash. Your pump is probably constantly running your battery down....

Chris

Old 07-24-2010 | 03:02 PM
|
4wd Low

Tanks Cris,

by the maintenance manual, there are two sensors on the rear suspension. These are sensors that have to withdraw?

Caio

Old 07-24-2010 | 07:42 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by caiogaucho
Tanks Cris,

by the maintenance manual, there are two sensors on the rear suspension. These are sensors that have to withdraw?

Caio
Yes. All you really need to do is unplug them.
And pull the fuse to the SLS compressor.
The compressor will try and raise the back of the truck, but because there are no longer air springs to raise the truck it will just run and run.

Old 07-25-2010 | 04:26 PM
|
4wd Low

Thanks, Cris.

Tomorrow I will arrange the removal and then inform you here.

Caio

Old 07-25-2010 | 08:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default no problem..

Thanks, Cris.

Tomorrow I will arrange the removal and then inform you here.

Caio

No problem....soory about the world cup..i was rooting for you....what happened with Kaka......he was a little blah.....

Old 07-26-2010 | 11:08 AM
|
4wd Low

Originally Posted by vandev
No problem....soory about the world cup..i was rooting for you....what happened with Kaka......he was a little blah.....

The main problem was the choice of our coach. He had never before worked as a technician. We should have hired Luiz Felipe Scolari, but "pressure" of the entity of the Brazilian soccer prevented.

[ ]'s

Caio

Old 08-01-2010 | 06:34 PM
|
4wd Low

I've turned off the compressor: I removed the relay, disconnect all quechega the compressor. I removed the sensors on both sides. I removed the relay SLS (which is in the engine compartment). The alternator is charging fine. I do not know what to do I think a dealer and reprogram the computer. All that's missing it. But as I am at a distance of 300km, will go in my vacations. Until then I will testing and thinking what to do

Caio

Old 08-01-2010 | 06:44 PM
4wd Low

I've turned off the compressor: I removed the relay, disconnect all quechega the compressor. I removed the sensors on both sides. I removed the relay SLS (which is in the engine compartment). The alternator is charging fine. I do not know what to do I think a dealer and reprogram the computer. All that's missing it. But as I am at a distance of 300km, will go in my vacations. Until then I will testing and thinking what to do

Caio
Been there, done it and got the grey hair from it.
I expect the compressor is still in it. There is a relay in the compressor, you may be able to hear it click once in a while.

Just pull the whole compressor out.

I went to two shops to get the thing fixed and one said the battery was bad, replaced it and it was dead when I went to pick it up. He didn't get paid.

Went to another one that said the alternator was bad (Land Rover Dealer)
I didn't give them a chance to mess things up.

When I got home, I heard the click and took it out. Haven't had a problem since.

You do NOT have to have it reprogrammed. One of the LR sites said it would continue to discharge the battery...that isn't true. Pull the compressor and all you have is the dash light.

Last edited by peter nap; 08-01-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-01-2010 | 07:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default intresting..thanks

Originally Posted by peter nap
Been there, done it and got the grey hair from it.
I expect the compressor is still in it. There is a relay in the compressor, you may be able to hear it click once in a while.

Just pull the whole compressor out.

I went to two shops to get the thing fixed and one said the battery was bad, replaced it and it was dead when I went to pick it up. He didn't get paid.

Went to another one that said the alternator was bad (Land Rover Dealer)
I didn't give them a chance to mess things up.

When I got home, I heard the click and took it out. Haven't had a problem since.

You do NOT have to have it reprogrammed. One of the LR sites said it would continue to discharge the battery...that isn't true. Pull the compressor and all you have is the dash light.

intresting...thanks..i think thats waht keeps draining my daughters truck...i am going to pull her unit tomorrrow...

Thanks Chris

Quick Reply: I removed the springs and Discovery is discharging the battery!