Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I would like to know..

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like to know..

When does the fluid in the transmission and differentials need to be changed?

I personally have not changed them since I got to truck at 33,000 miles. I currently have 54,000 miles on it.

Thank you!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: I would like to know..

Check the owners manual, in their somewhere there will be a maintaince schedule.
Personally I change mine every 50K, so with your trk at 54k and you must assume that it has never been done before you, go ahead and have it done.So if you do it every 50k then it is easy to remember.
You do it now at 54k and then again at 100k, 150k, 200k, you get the idea. And if you go over by a couple thousand its not going to blow up or anything.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Ditto, read the manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Mudding

My owners manual doesn't have the service schedule. If it did, I would have looked at it, and not asked you all.

Thanks! :]

I appreciate the info!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Do you not have the small warranty/service manual on the left side of your leather owners manual?

60,000 miles using synthetic fluid, this is parts of the major 60K.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

johnnybob06

My owners manual doesn't have the service schedule. If it did, I would have looked at it, and not asked you all.

I appreciate the info!!!
For some reason those are a hot item to take out of rovers, along with the entire manual.
Mine has never had one, I got the RAVE CD though.
I think we all need to be understanding that about half of us here dont have access to those documents so thats why this type of question is constantly asked, and rightfully so! Its obviously an important thing to know!

Old 02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Mudding

Mine didn't come with a manual either. A buddy sent me an old one he had from his '01.

-W

Old 02-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Drifting

sounds like another need for a "sticky" or a frequently asked (and answered) questions thread. I had already suggested the need for a seperate thread for the DIsco II front propshaft problems/solutions. Be Safe, Mark V.

Things I have learned from this board - four different options for locking the CDL on the Disco II; when the back gate sticks shut pry off the Land Rover emblem and spray down the mechanism; the rear roto-flex is changed out once cracks begin to appear; the "what maintenance to perform at 60K question has been answered"; LRs should be fueled with premium gas; DiscoMike will permit phone calls to answer questions (amazing)!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: johnnybob06

I appreciate the info!!!
John,
Even though it isn't required, you can change you diff fluid before the recommendation. go to this link and click on the hp gain tab. It will open up a selection of videos. Look at the one done by trucks. It shows reduced drag just by changing the diff and transfer case fluids.
RP really begins to work after a break in period. It polishes the surfaces as it works, and this test was done immediately, so the results get better as you drive. I am not trying to sell anything, just my experience with it. RP is a sponsor of this show, so I thought I would point that out, but I can tell you it works.

If you are looking for something to do to become more familiar with your truck, think about switching. Worst case, you will gain a little fuel mileage....

http://royalpurple.com/rp-videos.html

Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Royal Purple is hot stuff! I'm in the process of converting all the fluids to Royal Purple, cept for the trans..I'm worried about the trans and possible slippage so I am refraining from a flush and fill..

Quick Reply: I would like to know..