Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

identify this Disco!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: identify this Disco!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry about all the drive way pics. I'll take her out this weekend and get some action shots.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 PM
8th Gear

Whats the red item in the 2nd last photo? Urethane body mount? Sorry for the ignorance, I'm admittedly new to the Discovery scene. Also, how do you go with no protection over the lights/front end? Nice brush guard nevertheless.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Winching

Red thing is a 1.25" body lift spacer. That is just the style of the bumper.. It is a extreme off-roading bumper. Since I'm in Florida I mostly see mud. So the lights should be fine. Never had a problem with them before.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
8th Gear

Have you fitted a suspension lift also? Looks like 2 inches. What else have you done to it?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

truck looks very nice Jupiter, apart from one thing, and this is just "My" opinion, I think it wood look LOADS better with an ARB safari bar on it. I dolike the tubular winch bumpers, but I dont like the way you can see under the headlights etc.....just never looks finished imo.......

Strange to see a Disco over there without a safety devices roof rack, First one I have seen ( or noticed) with the patriot rack

Love the colour and the tinted windows tho...

Old 09-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Winching

ORIGINAL: Skindog

Have you fitted a suspension lift also? Looks like 2 inches. What else have you done to it?
OME HD 779 & 762 springs w/ HD shocks. They give a real nice ride.

ORIGINAL: Urban Panzer

truck looks very nice Jupiter, apart from one thing, and this is just "My" opinion, I think it wood look LOADS better with an ARB safari bar on it. I do like the tubular winch bumpers, but I dont like the way you can see under the headlights etc.....just never looks finished imo.......

Strange to see a Disco over there without a safety devices roof rack, First one I have seen ( or noticed) with the patriot rack

Love the colour and the tinted windows tho...

I originally wanted the TJM or ARB bumper but heard too many stories and seen too many picture of them bending easily. So I was going to get the "invincible" rovertym bumper, but since so many people have them I wanted to be different. That is why I ordered this bumper. It's imported from Italy and over there it is suppose to be a top-notch-extreme-offroading bumper. The specs of the bumper are impressive it is real thick DOM tubing. Plus this bumper is suppose to give the best clearance, which I'll need for fitting larger tires after these wear out. To each his own

Old 09-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely one of the nicest Disco out there!!!! But that spare tire ????[:-]If you can't figure out a way to mount the right size spare on the back door ( which is true that that size would be hard on the hinges), or install a custom rear bumper with a swing away tire carrier, put it on the roof rack and install some jerry cans on the back door. And.....white letters out on such a nicely built rugged looking Disco [:'(]???? Unless you did that for the same reason you run an equipe bumper( me like that bumper much) But as you said......to each is own

Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Winching

ORIGINAL: Darover

Definitely one of the nicest Disco out there!!!! But that spare tire ????[:-] If you can't figure out a way to mount the right size spare on the back door ( which is true that that size would be hard on the hinges), or install a custom rear bumper with a swing away tire carrier, put it on the roof rack and install some jerry cans on the back door. And.....white letters out on such a nicely built rugged looking Disco [:'(]???? Unless you did that for the same reason you run an equipe bumper ( me like that bumper much) But as you said......to each is own

Oh haha, Yeah that is an older pic. I have a custom spare tire carrier that has a bracket for a light and another bracket for a CB antenna. The carrier can fit up to a 37" tire. I have my 5th 33" tire on the custom carrier right now. When I took that pic I didn't have the spare tire carrier yet. My rover is in the shop, so I'll take another pic with the Real tire on the rear door.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Mudding

Wait a second...this truck cannot be a real LR...I can't find a single oil leak.

(way to go, nice truck)
SW

Old 09-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jupiter Rover

Oh haha, Yeah that is an older pic. I have a custom spare tire carrier that has a bracket for a light and another bracket for a CB antenna. The carrier can fit up to a 37" tire. I have my 5th 33" tire on the custom carrier right now. When I took that pic I didn't have the spare tire carrier yet. My rover is in the shop, so I'll take another pic with the Real tire on the rear door.
Great to know. I did find it weird that you had all those mods and neglected such an important factor. But I did expect to hear that correcting this was in the plans. After all, its not like those mods are cheap, I know!!! But hem......while in the shop, you think they'd have time to turn those tires around ???

Quick Reply: identify this Disco!