Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition Coil Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017 | 04:33 PM
|
3rd Gear
Default Ignition Coil Replacement

Good afternoon,
I have a 2002 D2 SE and had problems with engine failure. Bought a new ignition coil and the problem was solved. The D2 road as never before, no engine service light, smooth, beautiful. The happiness lasted only 5 days. The failure started again, not as bad as it was before and the service light came back on. Does anybody has an idea what might be wrong?
Thank you very much.
Best Regards,

Lupo

Old 02-03-2017 | 05:24 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by LupoAris
Good afternoon,
I have a 2002 D2 SE and had problems with engine failure. Bought a new ignition coil and the problem was solved. The D2 road as never before, no engine service light, smooth, beautiful. The happiness lasted only 5 days. The failure started again, not as bad as it was before and the service light came back on. Does anybody has an idea what might be wrong?
Thank you very much.
Best Regards,

Lupo
Lupo,
Drive to the nearest auto parts place that can give you an OBDII scan, then post results. But, if you have one, post results so we have something to start with.

Old 02-03-2017 | 05:41 PM
|
3rd Gear
Default Ignition Coil Replacement

I did that and it shows failure in cylinder #1 and exhaust fumes sensor failure.
I did not change the spak plugs or spark plug wire set. I buoght the online and waiting. My concern would be if there is sn electrical short cut and it damaged the new ignition coil.

Old 02-03-2017 | 05:42 PM
|
3rd Gear

Thank you very much!

Old 02-03-2017 | 06:13 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by LupoAris
I did that and it shows failure in cylinder #1 and exhaust fumes sensor failure.
I did not change the spak plugs or spark plug wire set. I buoght the online and waiting. My concern would be if there is sn electrical short cut and it damaged the new ignition coil.
As I have seen plenty times here that ignition coils rarely dies. Sometimes get corrosion though because of loose contacts. There are videos on youtube to check coils. Usually, its best to replace the wires since the coils are hard to reach. There are instances when HT wires break within and cause misfires. Also, plugs need replacement as well. If I were you, Ill replace all related to them so less chance of more fault happening days after. In your case, it happens plenty. Try some better gas, add some additives, rev it around 2500 or up for few mins and see if it burps. If not, back to square one. Then you can better diagnose if it occurs again after few days of driving.