Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insane DI Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insane DI Door Locks

Ok after months of Disco ownership, I am still not used to the fact that despite the fact that it is possible to insert your key on the passenger and rear doors, if you use the key to gain entry to those doors the alarm will go off!

If I want to gain access to the truck, I must unlock the drivers door and then walk around and open the door of my choosing.

I unlocked the passenger door, and when I opened it, of course the alarm went off. So I walked around and used the key on the drivers door to turn the alarm off, and now when I lock the doors with the key on the drivers side all of the doors lock except the passenger door.

I can physically lock the passenger door from the cab, or using the key from the passenger side and it will unlock using the key from the drivers side, but it will not lock using the key from the drivers side

HELP

Old 04-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Winching

Walking away for 5 minutes seems to have fixed it.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llPANCHOll
Walking away for 5 minutes seems to have fixed it.
yeah sometimes ya gotta just walk away and everything is magically all better

Old 04-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't believe that is a normal feature for your D1 to not be able to disarm the alarm while unlocking from the other key ports. Got to think there is something else going on.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
I don't believe that is a normal feature for your D1 to not be able to disarm the alarm while unlocking from the other key ports. Got to think there is something else going on.
Thats what I figured...

I have never understood it, I just deal with it.

I am willing to listen to any input people have on this.

EDIT:
I tried to "SUPERLOCK" it with the key so that I could then "UNSUPERLOCK" it. But I must be doing something wrong, because I have not been able to.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

All the other doors are controlled by the drivers door, if you used your remote then you can open the cargo door, pass door, etc. to gain entry, but if you use the key you MUST unlock the drivers door first.
Go and try this and you will see what I mean...
Unlock the drivers door with the key and watch the other door locks, they will not move until the drivers door lock is fully up, it only takes half a second, so you have to watch closely.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Winching

Last night I unlocked the doors with the remote, and as soon as I opened the passenger door the alarm went off.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my 2 cents, but I bought a new key fob, inserted the circuit board from the old fob, and the doors wouldn't unlock for squat. I thought maybe I had damaged the board. But after pressing the lock/unlock buttons several times, the doors all started locking/unlocking as they were designed.

So... what the heck does that have to do with your pass door/alarm issue. Just a thought, but you may just need to cycle the lock/unlock a couple times to get the door back in sync.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by llPANCHOll
Last night I unlocked the doors with the remote, and as soon as I opened the passenger door the alarm went off.
My truck used to do the same thing, now I can open the other doors if I use the remote, but if I use the key no go.

DI's do NOT have superlock.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Winching

If you don't want to arm the alarm you can hold the key for 5 seconds when you lock. I used to do that because my alarm kept going off in the cold.... now that it warmed up outside things seems to be better. I don't have a remote so I have to always use the key.

Quick Reply: Insane DI Door Locks