Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Infinity Basslink powered sub to factory Alpine system

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Installing Infinity Basslink powered sub to factory Alpine system

OK, so you see the title... I have decided against an aftermarket stereo for my truck. I don't want to spend the money for something high-end, and don't want to put in junk. How's that for a conundrum? LOL

I bought an Infinity Basslink 200w powered sub off of CL for $100, how do I hook it up? Keep it simple, a schematic would be great!

Also, for iPod/iPhone integration and to keep my CD changer, I'm going to use Roverville Radio to add an aux jack to the face of the factory head unit.

http://www.roverville.us/

So, anyone? Help with the hookup on the Infinity Basslink, please!

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

should just be power, ground, and audio input. I am pretty sure on those you can even use audio sense and don't need a remote wire (it just turns on the amp when it senses an audio signal). As for the audio input I would go with high level (just tap into a speaker wire in the back) and you should be good to go. if you need a diagram for the sub you should be able to download one off infinity's website, but they are pretty basic powered subs.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since this sub you bought is powered, do not tap into the sub wires in the door, those wires are getting the full wattage output of the amp through them and will FRY your powered sub. You will need to find the wires inputting the signal into the amp, and connect to those, so that the built in amplifier in your infinity subwoofer takes the place of the stock amp. I think the amp is under the driver's seat, so you will need to run some wires depending on where you're planning on placing the sub.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

actually your basslink should have a high level input since it is designed to be added to a factory system. As long as you wire it correctly this will not cause any damage.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Winching

I don't think it has a high-level input, but I bought a $25 line level converter so no biggie. My plan is to hook it up this weekend, I want it to be easily removable so that if I need all of the cargo area I can just unhook the sub and do what I need to do. I'm planning to leave the factory sub hooked up as well so that if/when I pull the Basslink I will still have the stock system properly functioning. Unless of course it sounds like garbage with the factory sub still hooked up, then I'll have to rethink that.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Three Wheeling

Basslink does have high level inputs. I have one in my truck but I've also changed my head unit and am using the subwoofer outputs from that so I'm no help on specific wires. I had it fed by high level source in my last truck, worked great.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by DavidG
Basslink does have high level inputs. I have one in my truck but I've also changed my head unit and am using the subwoofer outputs from that so I'm no help on specific wires. I had it fed by high level source in my last truck, worked great.
Cool, then I may be getting my $25 back! LOL

Old 01-10-2011, 05:47 AM
6th Gear
Default CISSP Training, Shon Harris Training, CISSP Study Materials, CISSP Classes

thanks guys lovely discussion great work.please continue

Security video course