Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Light

I have a 96 Disco and was wondering about the front interior light. Is there a cable that is supposed to be connected to the mounting plate for this light? It looks like there was sonething there on the little tab that is on it and there's a cable in that area that is not connected to anything. I know the light gets no ground when you turn the switch to on and the light works when the door is open. I'm assuming this may be the "courtesy light cable" from the manual that Imay bemissing.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Interior Light

Are you sure that you are not talking about the power cord for the auto dimming rear view mirror?
Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?

Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Overlanding

When you remove the lens for the interior light, you see the two nuts, when you remove these nuts and the light assemblyand pull out the plate that the nutswere threaded on, you see that this plate has a small tab on one side. On mine, there are marks where it looks like there was something like a connector slid onto that tab. That would explain why my interior lights don't work when you switch them to on because there isn't a ground with the switch in that position. I'm at work now,so I'll post a pic later if still needed.

If someone could look at thier interior light assembly, you'll see what I mean.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Mudding

I know what you are talking about and yes something goes there, its a ground wire that pushes on that tab, itsa plastic connector crimped to a wire somewhere up there that just pushes on that tab you are talking about, if you cant find the wire, you could try getting a test wire and grounding that tab to the chassis somehow just to test if the light will work. Have fun.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: JerrodSteph

I know what you are talking about and yes something goes there, its a ground wire that pushes on that tab, itsa plastic connector crimped to a wire somewhere up there that just pushes on that tab you are talking about, if you cant find the wire, you could try getting a test wire and grounding that tab to the chassis somehow just to test if the light will work. Have fun.
That's what I thought, thanks alot.