Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Official!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Official!

I am now a proud owner of a 2003 Disco SE7!!!...

My dad and I flew up to Dallas from McAllen this morning, got picked up from the airport and we drove the car off the lot around 11:00 this morning.

Of course, these things never go without having problems, and we did run into a couple of things. On the drive back home, the ACE light came on, but it was an amber color.. I turned the car off, turned it back on and the light went away. About a half hour later, the light came back on. We stopped to eat lunch, and when we turned the car back on the light was off, and stayed off for the rest of the trip...

Now, this is the kinda big problem. We ran into some pretty heavy rains coming home, and when we got home, my mom noticed that the front passenger side (interior) was soaking wet!... Later on, my brother got into the back seat (right side) and it was wet as well.... Now, what could possibly be causing this puddling?? I'm not gunna give up on this car because I love it toooo much, but.. i need some help...

Thank you!

John-Robert

Old 01-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Drifting
Default RE: It's Official!

Sunroof drains?

Old 01-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Yes you do have 2 problems, the sun roof drains must be plugged out ad can usually be blown out.
The ACE is a bigger problem by potential expense if not take care of ASAP.
Send me your tele number and I'll call you and try and walk you thru this.
Mike
mikeljacobs@comcast.net

Old 01-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Drifting

Hi Johnny, I am from Brownsville and also have a Discovery II but mine is a 99....anyway I have the same leak problem atrear left hand side window, I thing it is the window seal that might be worn out or toasted....I bought mine in San Antonio...congrats..

Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Dadgum, I love having all these Texas guys on here!

How are you already home if you picked it up at 11:00? and you've ate lunch?

Old 01-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Mudding

Mike... I'll send you my number tomorrow, but I don't think it is the sunroof drain... I really think its maybe the AC drain?? My dad and I spent 30 minutes this morning trying to vaccum out all the water... it was pretty much dry... I just got home, and it is soaking wet again!...

Casanova... I will make sure that its not the window seals.. thanks!

05LandRover... hahaha, traffic was pretty good... we left at 11:00am... eat around 4 in San Antonio...left SA at 7... got home (Mission, TX) around 10:30ish.. : )

Thanks for the replies!..

John-Robert

Old 01-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Cant wait to get an update!!

Old 01-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Rock Crawling

Here did you purchase it in Dallas? I picked mine up at DFWAutohaus in Ft. Worth.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Mudding

Updates...kinda...:
My dad and I decided to take it to the dealership, so this morning, at 7:30, I was the first person in line at the service dept. I had a bunch if other things that needed to be looked at... here is the list of things... would any of these be undera Supreme bumper to bumper extended warranty?

1.) Check both the sunroof drains and A/C drains and make sure they are unclogged
2.) I had folded the rear seats yesterday because I was vaccuming the back, and the bigger of the 2nd row seats wouldn't fold back up. The back side seemed to be held down by the belt, so im pretty sure the belt needs to be replaced.
3.) Lubricate the sunroofs because they were making noises.
3.) Check and see why the ACE (amber) light keeps turning on.
4.) I had gone through some mud yesterday and after a while, those three lights turned on... I turned the car off, turned it back on, (the lights didn't come back on) ran he truck through the car wash, and the lights never came back on... I don't know its its relevant.. but oh well...
5.) oh! and one last thing... it doesn't shift into "drive" immediatly. I have to wait about two or three seconds, and then it shifts over.. so im having the dealership look at that.

So far, thats it.... I sure as hell hope something is covered under warranty... .. i'll update ya'll when I hear from the dealership...

John-Robert

Old 01-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new addition to your family! I just wanted to say I had to fix a few things (at a total cost of about 2 grand)at first on mine too. It wasworth it. I've driven everything from Jeeps to a Chevy Tahoe and Suburban, but they all pale in comparison to my Rover SE7.I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

Quick Reply: It's Official!