Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jump seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 08:53 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump seats

Hi all. I have a 04 discovery 2. It has rear storage instead of jump seats. I was wondering if it was possible to put in jump seats seeing that they came as an option. Thanks for the help

Old 01-08-2017, 09:45 AM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 284 Likes on 217 Posts

Yes, it is possible and I did it on mine. It is not complicated. Just needs time to find the correct pieces and put them together. Here are the instructions.

Attached Files
Old 01-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Yea. You have to get the rear trim panels, brackets, seats, headrests, n the latches in the floor and either alter your carpet or get the correct rear one

Old 01-08-2017, 10:03 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

I saw it in this forums that it is possible. BUT it was also stated that somehow risky because if you get into an accident and sombody got injured in the back, it will be your fault. You vin i guess states that its a 5 passenger not 7. I wanted to try as well coz i got all the panel etc to do it. But, i could be mistaken. Search it here again.
Gerry

Old 01-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2,297 Likes on 1,688 Posts

You know what is more risky than converting your SE into an SE7? Being involved in an accident (other persons fault) and having their Insurance company instantly try to total out your LR because it's 13+ years old, and in their minds a POS that just needs to be sent to a Junk Yard.....

I had that situation so many times with a LR and Insurance companies it's sickening!! First they'll say oh well the VIN shows it to be an SD when it clearly has SE or HSE on the side, sun roofs, yada yada yada just to get the lowest amount possible to you. Then they'll act like maybe because it was 13+ years old it wasn't a safe vehicle and that could have contributed to the accident (even though you stopped and were rear ended, or they slammed into you....).

I call BS on being sued or at fault for making a 5 passenger into a 7 passenger. If you take every single part from the SD7/SE7/LE7/HSE7 and it's 100% all OEM how do those idiots know it wasn't a dealer installed upgrade after it was purchased???

My 98 D1 50th Anniversary LSE has them in the back, and they're not on the window sticker because they were added after the vehicle was sold. I knew this because I bought it from the original owner who said they ordered it, and then found out you could get jump seats, so after it arrived the local dealership installed them. Just like how 99% of all LR's appear to have leather seats, but sometimes you'll find that the cloth seats were swapped out at the dealership after purchase (can usually spot em on a D2 when the door trim is cloth vs suede).

In this world people will sue or fight over the smallest thing. IMHO it's your LR and you should be able to do whatever you want with it. Heck get all the parts from the donor vehicle and have em installed at a local LR dealership/Independent LR Shop and in the event something happens whip that receipt out and say these were installed at a LR Shop.

Or go buy an SD7/SE7/LE7/HSE7.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would totally convert mine into a & seater. It looks pretty straight forward

Old 01-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Icecreamoverlord
Hi all. I have a 04 discovery 2. It has rear storage instead of jump seats. I was wondering if it was possible to put in jump seats seeing that they came as an option. Thanks for the help
what color are your seats and trim?

Old 01-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
You know what is more risky than converting your SE into an SE7? Being involved in an accident (other persons fault) and having their Insurance company instantly try to total out your LR because it's 13+ years old, and in their minds a POS that just needs to be sent to a Junk Yard.....

I had that situation so many times with a LR and Insurance companies it's sickening!! First they'll say oh well the VIN shows it to be an SD when it clearly has SE or HSE on the side, sun roofs, yada yada yada just to get the lowest amount possible to you. Then they'll act like maybe because it was 13+ years old it wasn't a safe vehicle and that could have contributed to the accident (even though you stopped and were rear ended, or they slammed into you....).
I was thinking about this just the other day. I was rear ended last year and it was obvious that the woman that hit me didn't want to call the cops. She had damage to her front end and at a quick glance I didn't see any damage to my rear bumper so I was fine with not calling. Later on I noticed that there was a small space between the body of the Rover and the bumper on the passenger side. I question things and wondered if maybe I should have called. After reading all the stories on here, though, I've realized that sometimes it's better to play stupid and to not react... I really don't want to lose my Rover over someone else's actions, you know? As little as the offense may be.. I would prefer to hold onto it however I can and avoid opening a can of worms that I didn't create.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Mudding
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

When I did my 7 seat conversion, there were a few small parts I did not think about and had to run back to the junkyard to pull from the junked SE7:
Lower anchor brackets for seat belts
Bolts for seats
Lower latch that the seats "clip" into on the floor

I did not replace the black metal framework behind the lower panels, the factory ones use a stud and a bolt, but the 5 pax ones have holes there and I ended up just using 4 bolts on each seat. Did mine recently, if you do yours and need help pm me.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
... I question things and wondered if maybe I should have called...
By not calling the police you avoided them reporting your Disco was in an accident which would show up on a CarFax to any potential buyer down the road. You probably saved yourself some grief, especially since the hit was not all that bad. I say you came out ahead.

Quick Reply: Jump seats