Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just how rare IS Kinversand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Winching
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Just how rare IS Kinversand?

I know it was the "launch color" for the DII; the color of the 2 DIIs that went around the world, and the color of the DII used in the pictures for the accessories / parts catalog that the dealers have, but other than that.. I NEVER see this color.

Does anyone have production numbers or anything for the colors? I know some manufacturers make that stuff available.

I'm only asking now because I picked up some 19" range rover wheels last night from a guy who was shocked to see that I also had a Kinversand DII (his was in the shop though, so I didn't actually see it). I've never seen one on the road in the 2 years that I've had mine, just that reddish maroon color.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah they are pretty rare. I have only seen one and that was from Justin at Lucky 8 and now one of our club members owns it. It's a sweet looking color.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Is Kinversand also known as the sea foam green? And the picture of the DII with the ARB bumper in the ditch at an angle? Just curious. I like that color, but also like my Epsom Green.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM

no. kinversand is a rust color

Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Winching
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Yup there she is..!

I'm still split on getting a roof rack. I don't have a whole lot of use for one most of the time (except when I'm taking on road trips and stuff).

Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I never thought a DII would look good in that color, but I really like it. Its much better than the maroon. Seems Nissan and Kia sell a lot of cars that color in the past few years.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I've gotta say, this is one of the best colors I've seen on a D2, and would be my color of choice if I was in a position to pick the color of my next Rover...

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
yeah they are pretty rare. I have only seen one and that was from Justin at Lucky 8 and now one of our club members owns it. It's a sweet looking color.
Hey Ed, BTW, one of my buddies in central PA is picking up Brett's 'old' D2 (the one that's being replaced with the TF truck from L8) today.

We'll see you guys at ROTR3.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:30 AM

oh yeah? i knew it was someone in PA buying Brett's truck. He did a lot of work to that truck, it's in great shape. is your friend bringing it to ROTR?

how do your 3" springs work with the +2 shocks? i was thinking of going that route but don't want the shocks topping out. I have the whole +2" HD kit from Justin.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
oh yeah? i knew it was someone in PA buying Brett's truck. He did a lot of work to that truck, it's in great shape. is your friend bringing it to ROTR?

how do your 3" springs work with the +2 shocks? i was thinking of going that route but don't want the shocks topping out. I have the whole +2" HD kit from Justin.
He's not sure he'll be driving it at ROTR, but at worst he'll ride along with me.

My sway bars are still hooked up, so I've not had any problems with the shocks topping out thus far. That said, I'll be looking around for some quick disconnects at MAR next week though, so that could change soon though...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:56 AM

oh.. yeah i just cut my damn sways right out. front and back. the ride is so much better on road and the articulation off-road has improved. ill talk to justin about the 3" springs. I was thinking of putting 1 inch spacers in instead of 3" springs... but i could probably sell my 2" springs and it would cost about the same.

Quick Reply: Just how rare IS Kinversand?