Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me or is this outrageous?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all you need is springs and shocks... i have the roverym 2" springs with OME shocks... and i use my truck off road a lot... articulation cones are made to reposition your springs is your articulate so far that your spring comes out of its perch... with a 2" lift you wont need this...

so just get springs and shocks and install it yourself... it only requires pretty basic tools and some time... where do you live? maybe someone on here is close enough to give youa hand...

Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 PM
DDP
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after rte lift help

anyone please let me know if your vehicle sits level after rte 2'' lift,, ive missed something and cant fiqure it out

Old 06-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Mudding
Default Springs

Originally Posted by DDP
anyone please let me know if your vehicle sits level after rte 2'' lift,, ive missed something and cant fiqure it out
The front springs sit in the bottom spring seats a certain way. Check and make sure the bottom coil starts at the lowest part of the spring seat. Also check to make sure you installed both rubber spring dampers on the top. Spring position won't matter on the rear - of course you should check to make sure that the spring went back inside the upper retainer when you put it back together and is not hung up on the outer lip. Also, check the part numbers painted on the RTE springs to make sure they match (front/rear). Hope this helps.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle

yeah my truck sits level

Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone correct me if i am wrong but those shocks will not allow you to gain any more articulation anyway will they? the shocks will "bottom out" before your brake lines stretch and wtf is with the cones? I think you are over complicating things.....