Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just scored a brush guard for my DII...tips on installation?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just scored a brush guard for my DII...tips on installation?

Hey everybody,

I just picked up a factory brush guard for my '03 Disco II today (see attached.) It came complete with factory aux lamps and all the mounting hardware. From what I can gather on the forum and through other sources, it looks like I'll be doing some drilling in order to mount it, but want to see if there are any tricks to installing this?

Also, it has the factory connectors on the aux lamps, but obviously I don't have the aux switch on my dash. Is the electrical harness already pre-wired for the aux lamps or do I need to find an aux switch and do the wiring myself? Any pointers on where to find the necessary parts?

All advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Just scored a brush guard for my DII...tips on installation?-bursh-guard.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrkstore43
Hey everybody,

I just picked up a factory brush guard for my '03 Disco II today (see attached.) It came complete with factory aux lamps and all the mounting hardware. From what I can gather on the forum and through other sources, it looks like I'll be doing some drilling in order to mount it, but want to see if there are any tricks to installing this?

Also, it has the factory connectors on the aux lamps, but obviously I don't have the aux switch on my dash. Is the electrical harness already pre-wired for the aux lamps or do I need to find an aux switch and do the wiring myself? Any pointers on where to find the necessary parts?

All advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!
You can download the instructions for any LR factory accessory from here: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/. However it appears their website is down today.

I got my switches from EE (http://www.expeditionexchange.com/). You want the cruise control switch from the 99-02 D2 and its like $15, you will also want one of these: Connector Kit For Disco2 Cruise Control Switch (CKD2). Just call John at EE and he will tell you what your options are and how much they cost. Great Guy-

Old 03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Where did u make a steal like that at? I have been keeping my eyes out for one for ever w/ no luck. Sweet deal though, post pics when you get it installed.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Mudding

I got pretty lucky on this find.

I too have been looking for one of these going on at least a year now. I found one in Denver on Craigslist, but I couldn't get the guy to work out shipping arrangements. Then, all of a sudden, this came up on a posting in Dallas! (I'm in Fort Worth) The guy's wife decided she didn't want it on their '04 anymore, so he was parting with it. I ended up getting it for $240...lights and all!

Can't wait to get it installed.

Also, thanks for the tip on the ownerinfo website. I'll check it out when it's back up. I saw it in another post and tried to go there, but when it didn't work, I figured it was a bad link.

Any other tips (especially on the electrical side) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!