Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keeps blowing fuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeps blowing fuse

Hello,

Well ever since I got my truck (4 years ago) this fuse was blown. I tried replacing it but every time I replace it....it blows right away (1 sec. later).
It is showing it as a radiator fan fuse.....but our fans are not electric. I am a little confused. Truck runs great, fan works,.......but just a hint....my AC does not work. Never did and it doesn't really bother me but could it be connected to AC somehow? I had freon checked a while back and the guy told me that it was full and that it should work.

Anybody has any ideas or knows what this fuse really controls?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Keeps blowing fuse-fuse.jpg  
Old 10-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it blowing with the truck on? or off? or both?
check to see if there is voltage there with the truck off.
next you can check continuity between that fuse holder and ground. that will tell you if there is a short on that line. if there is no short it's an over current. within the system.
i don't know what that fuse is specifically for and whether it is what is keeping your A/C from working. but that should get you started and us some more info.
jon

Old 10-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nahtanoj
is it blowing with the truck on? or off? or both?
check to see if there is voltage there with the truck off.
next you can check continuity between that fuse holder and ground. that will tell you if there is a short on that line. if there is no short it's an over current. within the system.
i don't know what that fuse is specifically for and whether it is what is keeping your A/C from working. but that should get you started and us some more info.
jon
You know what......I haven't looked into this in a year or so......in the meantime I did a lot of maintenance on the truck. But the fuse was out (I figured since it keeps blowing....I will just take it out) and now that I placed it back in .... the little **** doesn't want to pop any more. Seems like I might of fixed it during this past year with all the maintenance.

Thanks anyways!

Last edited by boris_gti; 10-29-2011 at 12:43 PM.