Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover Stuff Jate Rings

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Land Rover Stuff Jate Rings

Anyone purchased from this place before. Thinking of getting the expanded width jate rings to install when I do the steering guard. Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 05-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

what type of bumper do you have? i would spend that money towards a steel bumper with recovery points if i were you. if you were planning to put them in the back then i would just get a hitch reocvery point and shackle until you get a steel rear bumper

Old 05-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
what type of bumper do you have? i would spend that money towards a steel bumper with recovery points if i were you. if you were planning to put them in the back then i would just get a hitch reocvery point and shackle until you get a steel rear bumper
I have the standard 04 bumper, but it has holes to access the frame where I removed the brush guard. I don't currently have plans, or funds, to upgrade the bumper and suspension, so thought JATE rings would be an inexpensive way of getting front recovery points.

I do have a hitch recovery point and shackle, so am good there.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by hunter; 05-28-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: additions...
Old 05-28-2011, 04:21 PM

yup $100 for jate rings is the cheapest way. or you can find a used bumper for $300 that has recovery points and later when you have money you can install a winch on it. just food for thought.

as for the original question, i never bought anything from that site nor do i know anyone who has. if i were you i would order them from the UK and ship them over. not many places in the US stock them. you can also go real cheap and look for them used on Dweb.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi Ed,
With what little luck I've had finding the wide JATE rings to date, the used bumper may be the best option. I'll look around to see what I can find, but if you know of any leads, let me know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best,
Dave

Old 05-30-2011, 05:38 PM

keep your eyes peeled on Dweb classifieds. things are popping up randomly over there.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you still have the stock front bumper, where are you going to install the JATE rings? Justin from L8 and I poked around the front of my D2 last fall and couldn't find a solution that didn't involve removing something...

I have a set that I need to install before heading out to The Wilds in a couple weeks, so I'm very interested to see what others are doing.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:40 AM

you could always pull out the anti sway bars in the front and use those mounts for d rings, as a temp solution for the wilds trip.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
If you still have the stock front bumper, where are you going to install the JATE rings? Justin from L8 and I poked around the front of my D2 last fall and couldn't find a solution that didn't involve removing something...

I have a set that I need to install before heading out to The Wilds in a couple weeks, so I'm very interested to see what others are doing.
Hey Dave,
I have two huge holes on either side of the mesh vent in the bumper fairing, where a brush bar attached to the frame. There are still adapters that are sticking out, and I was contemplating putting a couple of hooks on them, but will probably have to pull them to fit my new steering guard.

If you are willing to cut holes you can fit the JATE rings back there and easily get a shackle through.

Best,
Dave

Old 05-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hunter
...If you are willing to cut holes you can fit the JATE rings back there and easily get a shackle through...
Oh, cutting holes isn't a problem...I've been contemplating losing the whole lower mesh section of the bumper and the round tube just behind it so that I could mount the JATEs using those holes...

Quick Reply: Land Rover Stuff Jate Rings