Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift is completed but uneven

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lift is completed but uneven

I finished my ome lift with 751 front and 762 in the back. After getting the tires on I took the tape measurer to the wheels and noticed that the front is about an 1 1/2 taller than the back. Are there any good spacers that would level me out. I love the way it feels but I would like it level as well. Thank you to all that have helped me with this. It was my first lift that I have done and everything went very smooth thanks to your imput. This is the most helpful forum I have ever used.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Lift is completed but uneven

Having the nose higher than the rear will seriously affect the handling, even more so now its lifted, have you def put the right springs on the front and vice versa ?

The rear springs should be longer. Did they send /you buy the correct springs ? even if you lift it 4", it should still sit level

Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Recovery Vehicle

MMMMMM could you post a side shotpicture of the vehicle.

It is regular that guys will put the springs on the wrong side, since OME have taller springs for the driver's side, but front to back is highly irregular. So, was this a coil spring conversion at the back where you got rid of the SLS ?? If so, maybe you forgot to use coil isolators on top of the rear coils !!!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I can't believe there is that much difference in height, I have seen so many people use this combination of springs and normally come out pretty level.
There are spacers, Isolators from Rover and ARB also makes a set that when used in sets work pretty well.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can believe it, see and read it a LOT in the UK forums, and its always that the nose is higher, and usually down to "dodgy" aftermarket springs. I had experience of this first hand, ordered some "winch" springs for my D2, the company I got them from specifically stated that they were equivalent to the Land rover winch springs......................

well not true, when I compared them to the genuine ones, both were shorter and 1 was longer than the other and the winch springs are supposed to be the same both sides, hence I paid the money in the endand used the genuine items

Old 12-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Mudding

I know that the springs are in the correct area. The 751s came straight out of the box with the a to the driver side and b to the passenger. Same with the 762s in the back. It was a sls conversion and I mounted the spring seats and put the isolators on top of the spring. I still have a factory bumper so when I get an aftermarket one it should only have about an inch difference. It is raining out right now but I will try to go get a picture.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Mudding

here are some pics. This is with a full tank and the driveway is slanted a little. I didn't want to be in the rain to long. Please don't laugh at my tires, they are next on the list.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Mudding

here are a couple of more.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Wawawawa...you call those tires?!

Ok, sorry, I couldnt resist.
I have nothing constructive to say.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well, the slant of the driveway really plays with the optics of it all. try a picture on level ground. Cause the way I see it right now, it seems pretty bad.

Quick Reply: Lift is completed but uneven