Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at 2" Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking at 2" Lift Kit

I can get a nearly new 2" Pro Comp HD lift kit for $200. Anyone have experience with these. I know everyone here loves the OME kits. But, with this one, i'm saving a good bit of $$ and i can pick them up today.

Are the heavy duty kits bad for road driving. I do very little off roading. With this kit i will probably be inspired to start doing more.

I've read other posts, (doing some homework before i post) just making sure, are there any other mods i'll need to do if i install these?

Thanks!

Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

That will prob ably include Pro Comp shock, which are a real waste of money and Big blue springs that are far from being proven.
Buy it and you will get, just that, a $200 lift and probably want to remove it for an OME or an RTE real quick.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

if you want to be the guinea, go for it. Find someone with an OME lift and drive theirs before you do yours, that way if you get the pro-comp you have a comparison. But drive it for 6 months before you post results. So many people put on things that are out of the realm of being tested and say they work great. Then they realize after a couple of months that what they put on has worn out. There is one person in particular that has a million posts that has spent more money trying out cheap alternatives that don't work than just buying the right stuff in the first place. There is a reason people go with certain set ups.

Last edited by okdiscoguy; 10-01-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Mudding

ok cool. thanks for the thoughts. i'm taking all opinions seriously. i've seen on this and other forums some good opinions on the pro comps. usually is more like, "get the ome if not the pro comps are a good choice". how about the HD's is that too much for a guy who doesn't off road much and when i do it's not too hard core.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:37 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Since we haven't run the Pro Comp suspension we can't tell you what the ride quality will be like on road. Ask me or a 100 other people about the OME or RTE suspensions and we can answer that question. The one thing I have to ask is why is the whole suspension only $200. I'm all for saving money but if I have to go back and spend the money for a better suspension in a few months or even a few years am I really saving money. And I've never read anyone saying that pro comp is a good alternative to OME or RTE.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Mudding

fair enough, the Pro Comp is $200 because he just bought them a couple months ago for around $600 and blew a head gasket and that was his final straw with the disco. so he's parting it out and that's his best offer yet. i'm getting a radio, brush guard and ladder from him too.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The price doesn't sound bad to me. If you don't mind the labor, and I wouldn't myself, I would give it a try. Worst case is you can pull it back off and sell it on e-bay>>>

Old 10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say for that price (if you have the ability to do it yourself) go for it. If 6 months from now you don't like it you only lost $200 and you might be able to sell it for that as well.

Give it a shot...

Old 10-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Mudding

do the pro comp shocks take more labor than the ome's. a guy at rovers north said he likes the pro comp shocks with the pro line springs better than the ome's. and on many other forums there are people touting the quality of pro comp shocks. any thoughts.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Mudding

I don't know - I just want to see a larger pic of your GF or wife in your avatar....

Quick Reply: Looking at 2" Lift Kit