Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a new radical drawer system for my Discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 06:23 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Looking for a new radical drawer system for my Discovery 2

I recently removed the second row seat assembly in order to maximize cargo/camper space in the rear. Next line of business is a lightweight yet strong half drawer system. A drawer system mounted on the passenger side extending from behind the front passenger seat, all the way to the cargo door with drawers that open inwards. The point behind this design is to be able to open the drawers from inside the truck without the need to open the rear cargo door. This system is better suited for the colder climates I live in. Wondering if anyone makes affordable custom drawer systems or if any exist that are what Im looking for. I dont have the time or access to the shop space and specialty tools required to manufacture said drawer system. If the price was reasonable I would consider paying cash for a custom design. Im very interested in the aluminum extrusion t slot as a lightweight yet strong building material. The drawer system could be manufactured in such a way that it can be partially disassembled for shipment then easily reassembled in my truck with basic tools. The counter top surface of the drawer system should be very strong and flat. The drawers should have a stupid simple locking mechanism so to prevent drawers opening while the rig is trekking over uneven terrain.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
I recently removed the second row seat assembly in order to maximize cargo/camper space in the rear. Next line of business is a lightweight yet strong half drawer system. A drawer system mounted on the passenger side extending from behind the front passenger seat, all the way to the cargo door with drawers that open inwards. The point behind this design is to be able to open the drawers from inside the truck without the need to open the rear cargo door. This system is better suited for the colder climates I live in. Wondering if anyone makes affordable custom drawer systems or if any exist that are what Im looking for. I dont have the time or access to the shop space and specialty tools required to manufacture said drawer system. If the price was reasonable I would consider paying cash for a custom design. Im very interested in the aluminum extrusion t slot as a lightweight yet strong building material. The drawer system could be manufactured in such a way that it can be partially disassembled for shipment then easily reassembled in my truck with basic tools. The counter top surface of the drawer system should be very strong and flat. The drawers should have a stupid simple locking mechanism so to prevent drawers opening while the rig is trekking over uneven terrain.
Did you ever find what you were looking for?

Old 04-09-2018, 02:41 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by samroy92
Did you ever find what you were looking for?

No. Met afew carpenters and discussed the design and that was the last I heard from them.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
No. Met afew carpenters and discussed the design and that was the last I heard from them.
Too bad . I just took out all the seats. I am planning on building a frame platform with aluminum. Using plywood as the top base. Want to be able to slide 4 bins underneath the platform for storage, and the top for a sleeping system.