Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:40 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Loose....

I got my A-frame brush bar on today and it seem to be on as good as I can get it, but it is still loose. I'm wondering if there is something I can do to fix that, I doubt it is supposed to be that way. The weird part is that the bottom it tight but when i shake it a little at the top it is loose...

Let me know what you think, it was pretty hard to put on, LR must think we have rubber hand joints. Below is a pic of it, if you have worked with one of these let me know how it turned out or if you had the same problems

Old 12-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Loose....

Well, I can't help you on the looseness, but I can tell you that I am envious. I have been wanting one and think they look great. Post a pic when you get the Hellas mounted in the middle...

Old 12-26-2007, 06:56 PM
TReK

haha will do! I think they will be coming in January as a b-day gift. As for the lossness I just cant figure it out. I may have to bring it by my rover guy and see what he says. The washers are as tight as they can get. The main problem is they are in a VERY hard position to get to so I cant see if something went wrong in the process, but it doesn't feel like it.

I love the way it looks though! I would look around for one when you get the chance! The sad part is I had to cut the wreath off mine to install the bar... It will be missed... oh well it was worth the sacrifice!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couln't help you with the looseness either, but I think it looks great too! The trouble I've heard about these soft bars though, is that mounting lights to them is not recommended because the lights will not stay tight and get loose themselves, and I think something about the light mounts breaking or something like that. Try searching that before spending on lights. For what its worth, I think it looks good without the lights.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
TReK

Yeah I have heard the same thing about the lights moving, I was told if I look for a pair of good hellas or something similar that has good strong METAL attachments I wouldn't have a problem, but we will have to see about that... Its funny reading the installation for this thing, it obvious it was written by someone British, a few words are different, such as the hood is a "bonnet" instead of hold up it says "offer up" and some of the tools have different names too! HAHA But i did figure it all out.

As a matter a fact was reading the directions over again and I just saw my problem I think! It says "Before fully tightening the nuts hold the top of the A bar out from the bonnet the allow the safety catch to be reached easier". I def. didnt do that... Maybe thats the problem. Oh yeah the last sentence of the directions says "Spot lamps wont shake." HAHA We will see about that!