Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing juice from the battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Losing juice from the battery

My rover's battery dies if I let it sit for a couple of days. I just noticed it a week ago after I replaced the CKPS and relay. I took it to the mechanic and he said its def losing power but he can't tell from where, his best guess being the alarm system. I have not had any problems with the alarm and again just noticed it after the above work. It could have been doing it earlier as I usually don't just let it sit. Also to note, I replaced the SLS with coils about a month ago and didn't bother pulling the relay or fuse till this morning because I wanted to see if the compressor would randomly kick back on. It never did but I thought it might have been an issue as well. I have searched and read up on checking the power starting at the bat and working out however I have never done this nor do I have a voltometer. Any suggestions? Also can anybody tell me if there are any other relays/ fuses to pull for the SLS other than R5 and FL9? And how come I don't have a relay in the R6 hole? Any help would be welcome and take note that I am clueless when it comes to the electrical system.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you swap out the air bags for coils you have to take it somewhere that can reprogram the Ecu and Bcu (I think this is what they are). Even if you pull some of the fuses it will still lose power. I had this problem with mine when I did the swap. It only took me about 30 minutes at the dealer and they charged me around 50 bucks.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I called and they said they could reprogram it I just didn't want to spend the money! I didn't know that it would drain the battery... I thought you did it if the lights annoy you... I still would like to know about the missing relay though