Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucky 8 Ignition Barrel problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023 | 08:50 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Angry Lucky 8 Ignition Barrel problems?

Hey all.

So I have posted a bit quick here on my last two post. I've quickly found other remedies but with this one I cant.
I purchased a lucky 8 Ignition Barrel that comes with a set of keys. It will not turn at all. Is there something here I'm missing? Do i have to take it to a locksmith to get these keys working? It was supposed to be turn key. Just to make sure it wasn't anything else I took the wiring harness and put a flat head into it and turned the electronic part. Smooth as butter and have dash lights for the first time since owning it.

No matter what I hold down on the Ignition barrel, and no matter how much fidgeting with it, I just cant get it to turn. In the disco ready to be used, and or out of it holding in the retention tabs.

Nothing is working. Thoughts, comments? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-14-2023 | 08:19 AM
Pro Wrench

I'd check with Lucky 8. The keys in these trucks are known to be a bit finicky, pushing in to turn off, etc, but maybe they mixed up the keys they sent you. You should be able to get it to turn on without too much drama.

Old 12-14-2023 | 09:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I suspect the shift lever interlock (must not be in any drive position, only park or neutral). I don't remember if the brake pedal needs to be pressed too. But could simply be you got the wrong keys, like mentioned above.

Old 12-14-2023 | 11:58 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by JohnZo
I suspect the shift lever interlock (must not be in any drive position, only park or neutral). I don't remember if the brake pedal needs to be pressed too. But could simply be you got the wrong keys, like mentioned above.
Unlikely to be this, since the OP says that the barrel won't turn even if it's out of the vehicle.

Old 12-14-2023 | 07:28 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by mollusc
Unlikely to be this, since the OP says that the barrel won't turn even if it's out of the vehicle.
Originally Posted by JohnZo
Originally Posted by ahab
I'd check with Lucky 8. The keys in these trucks are known to be a bit finicky, pushing in to turn off, etc, but maybe they mixed up the keys they sent you. You should be able to get it to turn on without too much drama.
It is parked and in park. Doesn’t matter if I use the brake or not. There is not electronic parts in this ignition. It just won’t turn. I spoke with them and apparently I got the wrong keys.

Anyone else have this issue?