Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF for 00 and 02 Disco II's

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Men i'm one of the few people u can talk this day's that avoid buying chinese produt's... I know that for the price is very tempting.. I got a friend with an extra mass sensor lain around, said it will bring it home today. I can go from there, installing the mass sensor and drive it around for a few mins to see if it gets back to normal..... i do have activity on my front o2's is just the back 2 down stream is flat

Old 02-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Mudding

this is my 3rd sensor in 8 years......sometimes they get wet and die, but sometimes u just spray this and problem solve.... i been using maf air sensor cleaner on this rover for more than 6 years and never got any issues.. every time they get wet i spray this and problem solve.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Mine didn't get any better when I sprayed it but I imagine it depends on the conditions. Glad yours worked.

I am probably the biggest cheapskate on the forum when it comes to parts. I have only gotten one bad part (door lock) but everything else... And I have bought a lot... Has been used or cheap. Usually eBay or amazon. Of course I have gotten parts from Atlantic Britain and British Parts of Utah when necessary. But when a part costs 8 or 10 times the knockoff and the knockoff works, that's something that catches my attention. When land Rover was land Rover, I might have thought differently. But when I bought mine, it was owned by BMW. Now I think it is Tata, maker of the cheapest and most dangerous car in the world. The knockoff works. Doesn't make sense to me to spend more. But to each his own.

Best to you MyDisco. I have used store brand MAF cleaner with no success. Now that I think about it, TWICE. What brand are you using and how do you do it? I'm willing to try again when one of my car's MAFs quits again.

I don't have a snorkel. I wonder if your issue is water being brought in from rain or whatever. Curious to know if you agree (because I'd like to have a snotkel)

Charlie V

Old 02-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Camel Trophy

As far as I know, the rear o2s just monitor your catalytic converter function. I think they are useless except to plug the bung hole and keep your SES off.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Camel Trophy

So in summary, the 33.50 MAF works and fits. I don't know where it is made but probably not from the land of Bosch. For my part, I don't care. At the very least it is so cheap it would make a good spare.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

OEM companies are in it for the money, not the principle. They usually get business by making parts better than PROC knock-offs. If everyone buys original parts just because they're stamped with a different country, there would be no incentive for OEM to make superior parts which I want them to continue doing! Sometimes it's worth it to pay 2-10X the price (I'll pay for the most reliable RMS on the planet!), but that's up to the individual & their circumstance. Personally, I appreciate the leg work on this so that if/when the time comes, I'll actually have a choice!

Old 02-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Drifting

As always---" each to their own" as the saying goes,and not all have the same budget!!
I am just letting people know that the $33 MAF I purchased on Amazon,fitted fine,and worked as per spec when I installed it.
Plus I am tight.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When my maf started acting up I used the maf cleaning spray and it worked like a charm. Now when it decides to give up I will be going amazon. Thank you.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Drifting

Oh! On a plus point beside the lean codes I was getting before changing the MAF I was also getting P0734,the truck would hang on in third gear before changing to fourth.
I did a transmission fluid change hoping that would help,maybe a sticking valve,but was the same.
Changed the MAF and the code has gone,and transmission running perfect!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Mudding
Default Bad mass air sensor

I got the rover back to normal........ I got a brand new mass air sensor, and resset the codes!!!! Everything is back to normal.. Fuel system closed fine and all the 02's are reading again ......... It was a 5 min fix's lol... Thank's guy's!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Charlie_V
As far as I know, the rear o2s just monitor your catalytic converter function. I think they are useless except to plug the bung hole and keep your SES off.

Quick Reply: MAF for 00 and 02 Disco II's