Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnacor 8mm Plug Wire Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009 | 10:42 PM
|
Drifting
Default Magnacor 8mm Plug Wire Question

I just finished removing my IM and old plugs and wires. I went to reinstall the Magnacor 8mm plug wires that were recommened but the boot that goes onto the coil seems to long. I can not get these new wires to snap on like the OEM wires. The OEM wires also have a little white ceramic looking white disk on the end that the new wires do not have. I just want to make sure that these are the right wires or that they do not need to be modified before I go reinstalling everything. The plug wire part # are 80242 I ordered them from Cerrones so I am sure they knew what I needed but they sure do not feel right.

Old 03-23-2009 | 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

read this post from Lrrforums. Tony from Cerrone's addresses this somewhat.

http://lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=11208

the 4th post is my reply and that might help you...

".....I agree with Tony. i just installed a set and I had the intake off because I was replacing valve covers. The coil pack should be cleaned and di-electric grease applied. I had to feel for the metal tab to sit over the prong before I pushed it in to hear the click. I messed up on one and the inner metal tab bent a little. All 7 went in fine with the "feel" method. the 8th needed to be bent back in shape and then installed.

If you don't have room to "wiggle the boot and feel the prong on the tab" then you risk doing it wrong....."

Old 03-23-2009 | 10:51 AM
Administrator

Andrew, if you have any questions, e-mail me your tele number and I will be glad to help you, I just finished my 3rd SAI engine over the last month.

Old 03-23-2009 | 11:21 PM
TReK

i know it seems that way,,, i was there. just push hard and they will snap,,, i promise

Old 03-24-2009 | 08:00 PM
|
Drifting

Thanks for the offer Mike I may have to take you up on the call one of these days but I finished the job last night. Everything went really smooth just took a little longer than I thought. I did pull the IM and was very glad I did because I just don't see how you could get everything routed correctly if you didn't. But now after all this I washed her off tonight and when I was leaving some water came running out of the top of the head liner above the passengers sunvisor so it looks like I have some more work to do next weekend. I'm going to do a search on here for this type of water problem but if anybody has an suggestions I am open to them. Thanks for all your guys help