Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manik Nerf Bars....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manik Nerf Bars....

Well I just bought a 2004 Land Rover Discovery with 2,970miles on it, and was looking at getting some step bars. I found a pretty good deal on a set of Manik Nerf bars, powder coated black from a store which apparently fit the 03 - 04 Discovery in the factory spots. Has anyone installed these on their land rover and got some pictures? Know anything about Manik should i stay away from them or are they reliable?

Thanks
Alessandro

Old 07-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Manik Nerf Bars....

I have used Manik products on my jeep before with much success (looks good and perform well). Don't know about for a Rover. I can't imagine it would be much different though.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Rock Crawling

see if the store you are dealing with will let you do a mock install to see how you like the look. The way I would do it is to set up some blocking to put the step back where you want them. I you like them, then it is a personal choice. The product line has a good rep. so I wouldn't see that as a problem. I would check and see, it rover has any problem with the part and if it interfere with your warrenty. I will like loose with my battle cry on discos. Maintainenance. Keep it up and keep all the records. That includes the diy stuff. Parts purchase receipts, etc... Fix problems as they occur. If you can get an extended warrenty it would not be a bad thing. Also get either the shop manual or the cd for you vehicle. Mine has paid for itself many times over. Discos are great vehicles, the parts are not cheap. There is list of suppliers on the forum that will help. Do as much of the maintanence on your vehicle as you can. You get to know it better, and that will be a benefit if any problems do occur. Welcome to the forum and I hope this helps. Gotta love a rover. duboff

Old 07-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Drifting

sweet, i dont have the ability to see them before i buy, since i just order the set online. I wouldnt think that a step bar would interfer with warrenty but who knows. The car still has the factory warrenty, and i might take it to the dealer here at school to have em price out the extended warrenty. Ill post some pictures of it when they get in, and i install them.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will interfier with your warenty if you weld them on or drill holes to mount. However it is not just gonna void your warenty, If there happens to be a problem and they belive it came from the nerf bars then what ever the problem was won't be covered under warenty.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Drifting

well there is no drilling or welding required. The manik nerf bars fit right into the factory spots, and are bolted on. If they dealer is really that picky, then ill just remove them before taking her in.... all in all i think i will be ok, and it should look alot better, and i wont need a running start to get into my truck

Old 07-27-2005, 11:54 PM
6th Gear

I picked up a pair for my 2000 disco on ebay for 170 bucks. They are easy to install and look good.