Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manually opening sunroof.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the advice. I sealed my sunroof last year due to a leak, prior to sealing, the sunroof worked perfectly fine, motor and all. My summer project is to get it back to open/ close again. I have already removed all of the visible sealant but the hex is just too tight. I still do hear the motor with the slight audible electric high pitch sound so i assume motor still works since it did before i sealed it.

I am pretty sure i can get my leak problem solved once i clear the drain tubes. Had i known about the tubes i would have cleared them last year instead of sealing the roof. I spoke to an auto engeneer friend if mine who works for ford and he did say that the drain tubes are there for the little water that may pass through the seals. My sunroof does not leak in but after a good rain there is water coming out of my front dome light and also from the rear overhead ac vents from the rear sunroof.

Anyways, i think i still have some sealant holding the sunroof shut but knowing which direction to turn hex key will really help.

Thanks
Gerars