Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manuals on Rave CD

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Manuals on Rave CD

aublec22, I have the rave cd for your D2. Where are you in SF? Maybe we can meet and I can give you a copy of the cd. I work by the Giants ballpark. Do you know when your truck was built? Early '01s have a CDL (Central Diff Lock) that's good for offroading. Do you have any plans to do some wheelin'?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Drifting

I found this site that has them for free, I bought mine for $20 Anyways, people are saying that disk 1 and 2 are for newer LR's and disk 3 is for Disco I. You'll need cd burning software to burn the .iso image to disk or mount a virtual drive as noted in previous post. Good luck and let us know if they are the real thing. Even though I paid $20 for my copy it has been the best $20 I have spent for my Disco I. I couldn't even find my OBD connector without it.

Disk 1
http://www.green-oval.com/data/lr/rave01.iso

Disk 2
http://www.green-oval.com/data/lr/rave02.iso

Disk 3
http://www.green-oval.com/data/lr/rave03.iso

Old 01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Mudding

I found that site too thanks...

I am going back to ny now so i can't do any off roading now.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:58 PM
4wd High

I got mine from Rover Renovations in May '07. Haven't bought a Disco yet but jumped at the chance to peruse the manuals. Only problem is it doesn't work on Mac OS X.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah Rover Renovations sent them out for free, but I doesnt look like they do it anymore, I cant find it on thier site. They sent the disc that had EVERYTHING on it ready to go. and of course it was FREE so thats always nice!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usetrial version ofPowerISO software (http://www.poweriso.com/download.htm) to use the RAVE ISO files directly on the hard drive Much faster if you have the HD space. Tom.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I just went through installing the RAVE CD a couple days ago. Here's what you have to do:

1. Download the CD from Green-Oval.com (you want file #1, I think, ...maybe 2)
2. Right-click on the downloaded file and choose "open with ... select Nero". If you don't have Nero, I don't know how well it will work. You can choose whatever your burning software is.
3. In Nero you have an option to "burn to CD" or "Burn Image to CD". You want to burn the "image" to the CD. If you just burn the file w/o Image you'll make a coaster.
4. Once it's burned, open the CD main folder in Windows Explorer and you'll see a bunch of files. For me, I just clicked on the green oval "Rave" and it launches in Adobe Acrobat 4.0. (included in a folder on the CD). It won't open in a higher version of Acrobat, but since 4.0 is included on the CD, no worries. If that doesn't work for you, look for a executable file among the files on the CD.

Good luck,

Old 02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Mark G

I just went through installing the RAVE CD a couple days ago. Here's what you have to do:

1. Download the CD from Green-Oval.com (you want file #1, I think, ...maybe 2)
2. Right-click on the downloaded file and choose "open with ... select Nero". If you don't have Nero, I don't know how well it will work. You can choose whatever your burning software is.
3. In Nero you have an option to "burn to CD" or "Burn Image to CD". You want to burn the "image" to the CD. If you just burn the file w/o Image you'll make a coaster.
4. Once it's burned, open the CD main folder in Windows Explorer and you'll see a bunch of files. For me, I just clicked on the green oval "Rave" and it launches in Adobe Acrobat 4.0. (included in a folder on the CD). It won't open in a higher version of Acrobat, but since 4.0 is included on the CD, no worries. If that doesn't work for you, look for a executable file among the files on the CD.

Good luck,

This is the way to go! For further clarification, download a free trial copy of Nero (just do a web search) and use it for burning the RAVE program to disc.The trial version of Nero will expire so burn the disc before it does.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Three Wheeling

do you have to burn to disc to open? can i just open the manual on the computer

Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No you dont, if you have plenty of hard disk space, just leave it on the PC and open it with a "virtual drive".

Easiest option, go here and download "clone virtual drive" http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Install that, then simply "right click" the rave cd, and open with clone vritual drive, it will expand the folders, then just click the "rave" logo,( not the icon logo thats the same)....Job done !

Just for notes,at the downloads at green oval, Rave CD1 cover Disco 2, Rave CD 3 covers Disco 1 from 95 >

Quick Reply: Manuals on Rave CD