Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

marty

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 06:38 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default marty

I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. 2003 landrover disco II. I just had it towed into garage the front drive shaft broke and busted trans when they put into garage left it in park to move. replaced drive shaft and trans when they went to start it will not start and key is stuck in the ignition and when I went to look at it. I noticed the gear light is not on and it will not come out of park. Any suggestioins please. I am sorry I am a new owner. the purchase was my first mistake now I have put so much money into this I want to keep it

Last edited by martin shelton; 07-24-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Buying this truck was not your first mistake, your first mistake was not doing your research.
Search the forum, there is TON'S of info on this issue and it is about $200 to prevent it from happening, cheaper if you do the work yourself.
The shop moving the truck with it in park has nothing to do with it, the transmission was bad so they hurt nothing.
They need to look into the neutral safety switch as well as the XYZ (yes that is what it is actually called) switch.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How right you are when I got off work yesterday went to garage and they still could not figure out so I took material from this site and went there I unplugged the white harness under steering wheel the light went off ignition and I was able to remove key after romoving the key I hit the lock button and then the unlock on keyless entry after I did this about 30 sec later the lights flashed. I got in turned the key and it started and I left with it running fine. There is no way to thank all the people who know what they are doing and helping people like me that dont this site will always be my first stop when the next problem comes up thanks again to all those who help others

Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Glad you got it working.