Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfires!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
sounds like yhey took you hard
That's what I was thinking until I reversed the charges on my credit card.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah i would bring the truck back and say thanks for this crap wires my truck is not running properly because of this overpriced doo doo you put in.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
yeah i would bring the truck back and say thanks for this crap wires my truck is not running properly because of this overpriced doo doo you put in.
I would never say thank you to anyone who put doo doo in my truck.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:34 PM

just get the 8mm magnecors and put them in and see if you are still getting misfire codes.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Three Wheeling

i'll give it a shot.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizona man
Bosch platinum +4's and spark transfer international wires. Tune up was done about 1600 miles ago.
Thats STI guys, da.
Those are decent wires.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spike I was about to say that when my computer took a dump. Now that I am back on, he has also had coolant vanishing which could be a the reason for the misfires. It wouldn't matter which wires that you have if coolant is getting into the cylinders. I have known many indy shops that swear by STI's and I have also used them for over a year with no problems. The only reason I switched to Magnecores was this website and that I had to do my headgaskets. I think that your problem is bigger than the plugs and wires. Did you ever figure out where the coolant is going? Start with one problem, fix it and then move on.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

all this doody talk makes me smile

Old 10-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by malmberg
Spike I was about to say that when my computer took a dump. Now that I am back on, he has also had coolant vanishing which could be a the reason for the misfires. It wouldn't matter which wires that you have if coolant is getting into the cylinders. I have known many indy shops that swear by STI's and I have also used them for over a year with no problems. The only reason I switched to Magnecores was this website and that I had to do my headgaskets. I think that your problem is bigger than the plugs and wires. Did you ever figure out where the coolant is going? Start with one problem, fix it and then move on.
I have not figured out where the coolant is going. I haven't had my truck for a few days so I can't look at it right now to check the cylinders. I'm really hoping it's not the head gaskets, but how else would coolant get into the cylinders? This coolant mystery has been a big problem for me... I thought the misfires were unrelated but it is probably the root of all the problems I've been having. The shop I had install the head gaskets thought that would fix the problem, it didn't. They thought my cylinder head was the problem on the passenger side, it wasn't. I'm completely lost. Is someone popping my hood at night, unscrewing my plugs and filling my cylinders with coolant as some kind of sick joke? I've only owned this disco for about 4,500 miles and more than half of them have been spent dealing with this crap. Bad first impression. I hope I can figure this out soon before I end up taking my disco on a kamikaze mission off a cliff.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Arizona man
. I hope I can figure this out soon before I end up taking my disco on a kamikaze mission off a cliff.

that would be a first, please take pics and video for the rest of us...

i feel your pain i had gotten my truck cheap but it needed every gasket from headlights to tail lights replaced. It is very possible that the head gaskets need to be done as you said they were done at 20k and you don't know who did them or what kit was used. You can get the kit from Atlantic British for $150 and do the work yourself it will save you some serious coin and give you peace at night.

Quick Reply: misfires!!!!!!