Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Model Designations - 7 Passenger

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:41 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Designations - 7 Passenger

Can someone tell me if all Discovery II's with the third row seats have the "7" designation behind it's model (e.g. SE7 or HSE7)?

Also, while I'm at it - Can someone briefly explain the differences between the different models? I've searched but it is difficult to come up with good results because it filters out words less that 3 letters long...

Old 08-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian_I
Can someone tell me if all Discovery II's with the third row seats have the "7" designation behind it's model (e.g. SE7 or HSE7)?

Also, while I'm at it - Can someone briefly explain the differences between the different models? I've searched but it is difficult to come up with good results because it filters out words less that 3 letters long...
yes, 7 means 7 passenger...with the third row seats

From sticky on top...

DI & DII Side by Side Comparison: https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=28599

What to look for when buying a Land Rover Discovery: https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21328

Old 08-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default well......

Well, if you have two midget's in your family they are great..They also work if you want to save on spending money on your kids for collage as if you get rear ended..they will surely not survive a 40 mph rear end accident... oh, and if you think on loading it up without upgrading your suspension, with 7 average size people...... and as we have the highest obisity rate in the world today, you will experience a death ride from hell....

I took mine out as they are usless.....

Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

SD is base model, no sun roofs and fake leather.
SE (LE) is middle, sun roofs, heated seats real leather better stereo.
HSE all options even better stereo.
Any with a "7" means 7 passenger.
The third row is how they found Saddam Hussein, they put 2 of his guards back there are drove them around the block, 5 mins and they were talking.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vandev
Well, if you have two midget's in your family they are great..They also work if you want to save on spending money on your kids for collage as if you get rear ended..they will surely not survive a 40 mph rear end accident... oh, and if you think on loading it up without upgrading your suspension, with 7 average size people...... and as we have the highest obisity rate in the world today, you will experience a death ride from hell....

I took mine out as they are usless.....
You are so negative, my kids love riding in the back. Show me some proof that jump seats in a Discovery are unsafe. 3rd row is the reason I got a Disco and not a Jeep. When family comes to visit we can all fit in one truck and go to our favorite lake up in the mountain which requires some offroading.

Last edited by DiscoArt; 08-19-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default oh ....

Originally Posted by DiscoArt
You are so negative, my kids love riding in the back. Show me some proof that jump seats in a Discovery are unsafe. 3rd row is the reason I got a Disco and not a Jeep. When family comes to visit we can all fit in one truck and go to our favorite lake up in the mountain which requires some offroading.

I am not negative...i am not in denial though... It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that being 6 inches from the back of a door is not safe...I live in florida..home of the fu$cking worst drivers on the planet...i see yellow blankets at least twice a week... my friend owns one of the largest rover shops in south florida and i have see two that where rear ended by a pickup truck and a semi....both would be unsurvivable as well as very ugly. I took mine out the day i bought mine.... you can do as you wish.... Hey..i can remember as a kid riding in the back of a station wagon with the seat facing backwards back in the 70's...i wouldn't sit there today.... thats just me ...i am no safty nut as i never where my seat belt and my past time is skydiving and kitboarding so i am not living in fear....but i would not put someone i am responsable for there....

Old 08-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

When I was a kid we rode in the back of open top pickups and on the wheel humps in the back of Suburbans.
I used to lay across the rear window ledge of my moms Galaxy 500 while going down the road.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default LOL the best...

"The third row is how they found Saddam Hussein, they put 2 of his guards back there are drove them around the block, 5 mins and they were talking. "

I nominate for the post of the year..... Too funny....

Old 08-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We used to sit in the back of my father's early 70s 109 Landy, now there's a crappy ride.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:16 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by vandev
i am not negative...
...lol...

Quick Reply: Model Designations - 7 Passenger