Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mostly bragging

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013 | 10:46 PM
|
Super Moderator
Default mostly bragging

so I have owned a few of these vehicles and on the d2, always removed the I.M. to change wires. I have replaced a couple of wires (here and there) without the im removal (PITA) but just purchased a new 2me d2 and thought I'd give it a try, without ......I conclude that everyone on this forum is a fat dwarf....... took me 22 minutes with Vaseline, beer, and no tools. so if you think it is a tight squeeze........lube up. I am a big guy and I had no problem.

Attached Thumbnails mostly bragging-dsc_7796.jpg   mostly bragging-dsc_7795.jpg   mostly bragging-dsc_7793.jpg  
Old 09-07-2013 | 01:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Vaseline, beer, and no tools.

Well then.

Old 09-07-2013 | 07:34 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by dusty1
so I have owned a few of these vehicles and on the d2, always removed the I.M. to change wires. I have replaced a couple of wires (here and there) without the im removal (PITA) but just purchased a new 2me d2 and thought I'd give it a try, without ......I conclude that everyone on this forum is a fat dwarf....... took me 22 minutes with Vaseline, beer, and no tools. so if you think it is a tight squeeze........lube up. I am a big guy and I had no problem.

Awesome! What time can you be here to change mine? I'm buying the wires and beer of course.

Old 09-07-2013 | 08:26 AM
Camel Trophy

You lube your arm, or the wires? haha

Old 09-07-2013 | 08:41 AM
Pro Wrench

Did you tattoo the firing order on your arm?! Haha.

I tackled this job not to long ago. It would have took me 35 (w/o lube, although i had to stretch things a little, haha) if one of the plug wires didn't snap off inside the coil. In the end I replaced both coil packs and wires.

Old 09-07-2013 | 08:59 AM
Mudding

Exception to your conclusion...I'm not a fat dwarf. But, I couldn't have done it in 22min, so you've got a right to brag.

Old 09-07-2013 | 09:07 AM
|
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by coors
Did you tattoo the firing order on your arm?! Haha.

I tackled this job not to long ago. It would have took me 35 (w/o lube, although i had to stretch things a little, haha) if one of the plug wires didn't snap off inside the coil. In the end I replaced both coil packs and wires.
the firing order, tattoo would have been an idea. I just spray painted that on the windshield.

Old 09-07-2013 | 09:14 AM
|
Super Moderator
Default so you can laugh

so since I bragged about my 22 min lighting speed, Friday fun night tune up. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out what I screwed up in the process. too much lube, perhaps (either one), but its a no go this morning. started fine last night, but this morning a lot of turning over but no crank and flasher come on when i try.

My guess is, I just scared it.

Old 09-07-2013 | 11:42 AM
Mudding

so since I bragged about my 22 min lighting speed, Friday fun night tune up. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out what I screwed up in the process. too much lube, perhaps (either one), but its a no go this morning. started fine last night, but this morning a lot of turning over but no crank and flasher come on when i try.

My guess is, I just scared it.
Yeah. You prolly scared it b/c it was expecting a fat dwarf. Lol.

Old 09-07-2013 | 11:55 AM
|
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Magna Defender
Yeah. You prolly scared it b/c it was expecting a fat dwarf. Lol.
lol

so my running time is now about 6hrs= 22min tune up+5.5hrs trying to find what i; "the bull in the china cabinet" broke

Quick Reply: mostly bragging