Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My landie

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My landie

Hello heyo.
Check out my Rover.
I have had it for about a year, took it several times to Uwharrie National Park in North Carolina. Performs incredibly.
What does it have? 32" swamp tires, 3500lbs winch (not seen in pictures, just installed!), 6 lamps with over 1000W light power, deep water snorkel, steel tube front fender, CP radio with external speaker, 4 inch lift, cut off Flowmaster exhaust for the ultimate off road clearance, plus a respectful sound performance. This truck is unbeatable and will go through anything - and I mean ANYTHING, unless you face a rock crawler with 45" tires.

I am looking if anyone would be interested in it. I am switching to a sports car now, so this is the status of the car:

Of course has its wear as can be expected from a serious off road truck of this class, but nothing impairing the mobility. Always well taken care off after offroading as due. It has naturally its minor issues, which is normal for a 10 year old truck with 140k miles. Engine has been partially rebuilt and well maintained. U-joints replaced and drive shaft replaced. New oil, regularly changed, new air filter, spark plugs, wiring, and things of such matter. It has a V8 with about 190HP, and gets fair gas mileage - up to 19mpg. Will do 80mph on the highway, 90mph downhill. Also equipped with an new adjustable hitch (rated up to 7000lbs I believe).

Check out this video - I was the only truck in many who made it through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-VHWU8fS4

Shoot me a email if you have some questions or if you want to see it. I am not asking for much. It is in Raleigh, NC.

Thanks a lot guys, feedback on this will be also appreciated!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Winching
Default RE: My landie

ORIGINAL: vindicator

Hello heyo.
Check out my Rover.
I have had it for about a year, took it several times to Uwharrie National Park in North Carolina. Performs incredibly.
[size="3"]What does it have? 32" swamp tires, 3500lbs winch (not seen in pictures, just installed!), 6 lamps with over 1000W light power, deep water snorkel, steel tube front fender, CP radio with external speaker, 4 inch lift, cut off Flowmaster exhaust for the ultimate off road clearance, plus a respectful sound performance. This truck is unbeatable and will go through anything - and I mean ANYTHING, unless you face a rock crawler with 45" tires.

I am looking if anyone would be interested in it. I am switching to a sports car now, so this is the status of the car:

Of course has its wear as can be expected from a serious off road truck of this class, but nothing impairing the mobility. Always well taken care off after offroading as due. It has naturally its minor issues, which is normal for a 10 year old truck with 140k miles. Engine has been partially rebuilt and well maintained. U-joints replaced and drive shaft replaced. New oil, regularly changed, new air filter, spark plugs, wiring, and things of such matter. It has a V8 with about 190HP, and gets fair gas mileage - up to 19mpg. Will do 80mph on the highway, 90mph downhill. Also equipped with an new adjustable hitch (rated up to 7000lbs I believe).

That isn't a 4" lift. Land Rovers can go Through A lot, but certainly not ANYTHING..... A few guys on this forum can beat that truck easy with our own rigs That truck isn't That serious of an off-road truck..

Sorry for all the harsh remarks, Dweb has rubbed off on me!!!

So in other words. Nice looking Disco! What year is it? Hope it sells! oh and btw, it is in the wrong section!! try the classifieds.

More to ADD. Just watched the Vid. That isn't Really mud.. Looks like Really dirty water. By the look of the terrain, the bottom of the "mud hole" was most likely solid ground which equals mucho traction..

Those Are NOT swamper tires. They are BFG M/T KM. Look to be 245s. which is a 30.5" tire. What Exactly is the tire size?

Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Rock Crawling

Why sell it unless you plan to buy another Rover? Maybe an LR3?

Cheers,

Pete

Old 10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
6th Gear

Lol sorry about the misrepresentation. As far as I have seen, this thing is on the top in terms of 'normal' off road truck performance. The tires are 32".
I have had a lot of fun with it but now I am considering a RWD V8 manual hot rod.
The mud hole .. hmm.. we ll maybe it was not pure mud but I gotta tell ya bud, it was hella dirty inside out, and it did not look like water to me

Old 10-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle

A 3500 lbs. winch isn't going to be much help with a 6000 lbs. truck. You need a winch rated at least 1.5x the weight of the vehicle, meaning there should be a 9000 lbs. winch up front.