Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My last leaky Land Rover thread I promise

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking My last leaky Land Rover thread I promise

Hey everyone. Okay so I now have a leak at the passenger side A-pillar. It was a real long soaking kind of rain and when I get in the ol' discovery it was a constant little drip on the passengers knee. I just ripped out my headliner only to find that the *DRIVER SIDE* drain tube is completely snapped off and free. The passenger side is still connected.

A.) How do I go about reconnecting what is broken plastic..JB weld?

B.) What the heck else can I do to stop these leaks. On the passenger side should I even bother breaking off the drain line to blow through it with a compressor?

Thanks a bunch fellas. I am sure it is probably annoying to see these threads of mine keep popping up but I've got almost no experience with trucks so I'm looking for words of the wise here.

Best,
Ashtray

Old 12-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Beware of those plastic drain nipples.
Seems that LR epoxied the rubber drain lines onto the plastic nipple (at least on my truck). They never wanted them to come off I guess.
I gently used a razor knife to cut back the hose off the drain. (removed about an inch of hose, still lots left for re install.)
Also check, by pouring a little water into the drain and lightly wiggle the drain tray (mine became loose over time) the sealant that holds the tray in the metal frame.
I had leaking not from the drain hose, but seeping in under the tray, past the old sealant.

When I had the headliner out I made sure of everything I could! Even removed the rear one that was not leaking!
Removed the entire sunroof tray,
cleaned and waxed up everything,
rebedded the drain trays with good marine grade sealant.
checked the glass was sealing as best as possible on the outer seal...(check for gaps between the glass and gasket) I had to adjust the glass a little bit forward in my case.
With the headliner out you will be able to stop those leaks...or at least diagnose it.
My sunroof tray with the trays removed....

Attached Thumbnails My last leaky Land Rover thread I promise-photo.jpg  
Old 12-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

As for the "A" pillar leak, Rover has a recall on that fix.