Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My nipples fell off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking My nipples fell off.

So, I reached up and squeezed them. You know, like you do to make sure they're not clogged.

First the left one fell off followed by a gush of liquid. Then the right one fell of, also followed by a gush of liquid.

I contemplated putting them back on, but I'm a guy so I questioned why they're even there in the first place.

I considered piercing them, but again, if they're just going to fall off every time I play with them, what's the point in putting them back on.

I mean, if there's no reason other than to make me crawl under the Disco and clear the drains every few months, I think I'm just going to leave them off.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

Joemamma has no nipples, and no complaints.

I pulled mine off, too... no complaints. I do want to figure out something else to route the water down lower, away from the cat and driveshaft, but in the interim, no nipples is the shiznit.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

where is the condensate going if you have removed the stub outs, on the floor

Last edited by drowssap; 08-18-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
where is the condensate going if you have removed the stub outs
The same place as if the nipples were in there, straight down to the ground. In theory, the nipples are 1-way valves, water out and nothing can come in. In reality, dirt and crud clogs the valves, water backs up and leaks out wherever it can. That is all over the floorboard. If there is concern about the condensate going onto propshaft, xyz switch, etc.(which it will, with or without the nipples), then get a hose the same size as the nipple and insert in place of nipple and run to a spot where it is not going on anything critical.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Joemamma1954
The same place as if the nipples were in there, straight down to the ground. In theory, the nipples are 1-way valves, water out and nothing can come in. In reality, dirt and crud clogs the valves, water backs up and leaks out wherever it can. That is all over the floorboard. If there is concern about the condensate going onto propshaft, xyz switch, etc.(which it will, with or without the nipples), then get a hose the same size as the nipple and insert in place of nipple and run to a spot where it is not going on anything critical.
Exactly. I want it to stay away from my frame and everything else, too, while I am at it. Here, we use air con probably 8 months of the year.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
Exactly. I want it to stay away from my frame and everything else, too, while I am at it. Here, we use air con probably 8 months of the year.
Same here, also note, when defroster is on, so is the A/C. So you could actually be running it longer than 8 months.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Camel Trophy

Okay. Hhahaa. In that case I run it 364 days a year! I give it a break for Christmas.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

You don't really need the 'nipples" (oneway valves) on the condensation drain tubes, they're only necessary when deep wading to prevent water coming back up in to the cab.

As many of us have found they clog up with crud, which causes the build up of condensate to find an other escape route, the foot wells resulting in sodden carpets. If you don't do any wading remove them and store them for use when you do.

You won't miss them as they offer no other benefits or protection to the XYZ switch or other components.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

I have an 03 and I have looked and searched, looked and searched again but could never find the AC drains. I wish someone could pin-point their location for me

Old 08-17-2015, 09:50 PM
Winching
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Going under tomorrow to milk mine, could use a photo too.
Inversely, when I do I'll try and take a shot if I can find them.

Quick Reply: My nipples fell off.