Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My rover is stuck to the pavement

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 08:05 PM
TReK
Received 394 Likes on 306 Posts
Default My rover is stuck to the pavement

Times like this actually most times I wish I lived in a more wooded remote area specially with all this time off now, sometimes I look at the disco and wonder what the heck why do I even have you 95 % of the time we’re stuck to pavement lol but then I look and see how beautiful the disco is and think one day we will have some real fun.
But for now no trails around me for 2 hour radius even than trails are closed anyway

The following users liked this post:
Wheelspin (04-17-2020)
Old 04-18-2020, 02:06 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
Times like this actually most times I wish I lived in a more wooded remote area specially with all this time off now, sometimes I look at the disco and wonder what the heck why do I even have you 95 % of the time we’re stuck to pavement lol but then I look and see how beautiful the disco is and think one day we will have some real fun.
But for now no trails around me for 2 hour radius even than trails are closed anyway

Borat?

Old 04-18-2020, 12:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Yeah, probably even the most "off road" of us...spends 90% of the time on pavement. Weird, when one thinks about the vastness of Canada, especially northern Ontario province with Algonquin park and all....that you'd be in hog heaven for adventuring. Even where l'm at in southeastern Michigan, it's a good 2 hour drive to decent trails. You just have to make your mind up to twist the key and do it. The adventure isn't in the Discovery ll, even though they embody that sensation, it has to be in you first.

Right now, the sense of wanting to get out and explore is even heightened by the situation at hand. So, when times are right, throw the family in the Discovery and go. Some of my fondest memories are of traveling/exploring as a kid from the backseat of my parents car. I'm so thankful that my mom was a person that desired travel, my dad would have been happy hanging at home 24/7. My mom and her two sisters went west right after her graduation, in 54. She'd take us north every summer and one year when my dad got laid-off, she threw all of us kids in the car (4) and headed west, for three weeks with a pop-up camper in tow...and all of our food in a white Styrofoam cooler.

Hopefully, soon, we will all be out adventuring.

Brian.

Old 04-18-2020, 01:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,178 Likes on 815 Posts

I guess I am very lucky 20/40 minutes of pavement and I can drive for hours on gravel, and being Forest Service roads they are only closed for fires. Lots of off shoots and fun little bypass roundabout roads on both routes, google is off on times add about an 1 hours to both.

20 minutes from home

40 minutes from home