Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Story (Guidance Greatly Appreciated)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 10:51 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,177 Likes on 814 Posts

@mrcooper I just checked with my spare and it will start the Disco with fob left in the house, I also have an 04. So your key "should" work.

So you need to start simple :
  • Make sure the battery is fully charged over 12.7 volts
  • Lock the Disco with the key (lower a window just in case)
  • Unlock the Disco - does the flashing red light go out
  • If the light goes out it should start
If the light does not go out then your alarm is still enabled,a low battery will cause this.

There is a procedure to enter a EKA code - but you have to know it there is a generic that works sometimes as well Foxwell 510/520 code readers can read the code

EKA procedure https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...i-74941/page2/ Try 1515 it seems to be a possible generic code

I know this is an older post I'm but just adding a bit of info about the EKA Code to help others in the future.

Thanks to No Doubt for this tidbit...
With a Foxwell NT510 multi system scanner, I was able to see and then change my 4 number EKA code (#3 EKA Programming in bottom right picture) to a code that I could remember...
This may also work

Procedure for Programming a New or Non-Functional Remote:
New remote handsets even if ordered from the factory apparently have to be programmed/synchronized to the BECM by a special procedure formerly known only to dealers. Peter Marsh went through this dilemma when he purchased an official new remote for $147 from Land Rover (UK) and had to give them his VIN and Grandmother's maiden name. He got it to work by the following procedure: "Close the car. Insert the new remote in the drivers side lock pressing and holding the button with the lock symbol. Turn the key to the right as if locking, still holding the lock button down. Hold in this position for 3 seconds. Turn back to the centre position and pull the key out - STILL HOLDING THE KEY BUTTON. Once the key is out release the lock button. Whalla. Mine worked a treat after this." Wayne Gardam used the procedure from this section to get an old remote going again. When he purchased his Range Rover, one of its remotes would not work even after replacing the batteries, cover and keypad. The usual synchronization procedure had no effect. Search of net and owner's forums turned up a variety of suggestions from buying a new unit and getting the dealer to do it to turning in door for 10 seconds or placing in ignition etc. Finally, the procedure above worked first time! When Dan Foley got a new remote handset through the dealer, they wanted an extra $60 to program it, but he tried the above procedure himself and it worked perfectly.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:55 AM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to check/verify that the key alone would start the vehicle. My problem is that I have no fob, the alarm is turned on and it is superlocked/immobilized. I need a fob or programmer to disable the system to even get the valet key to star the vehicle. Im trying to find out if i can buy a programmer, or if i have to take it to a dealer to have the immobilizer turned off and then the new fob/key cut/programmed or can a locksmith do all the above. i have read that the immobilizer is a dealer only system and only the dealer can disable it and i have read that some locksmiths can do it. I can not for the life of me get a definitive answer on this. Im just trying to save a few dollars and not have to have it towed all over the state to 2 or 3 different shops.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:38 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 818 Likes on 537 Posts

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-thread-97408/

should not need to have it towed anywhere, just rent this and you should be able to get the new key programmed.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:11 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 890 Likes on 642 Posts

Where are you located, mrcooper? There may be a forum member nearby with a Nanocom who could help you out. And since you'll have the barcode a Hawkeye may be able to program the BCU to recognize your new keyless entry fob.

Renting the Nanocom as whowa004 recommends is the way to go if you're not in a location with a Nanocom or Hawkeye owner nearby.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:17 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,177 Likes on 814 Posts

The EKA procedure should get you to vehicle start though if the 1515 code works, that is what is for emergency unlock and alarm deactivation.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:54 PM
Overlanding

I am located in Atlanta Georgia. I have tried the 1515 and also turning the key to the unlock for so many seconds and nothing. Im not sure if the drivers door mechanism is broken or even working properly because i feel no resistance when i turn the key either direction. I also am not sure if 1515 is even working, I have the original paperwork and all books from the dealership from the previous owner but the security section/cards was never filled in with any of the codes.

Old 01-27-2021, 01:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

Do you have any Scuba gear? kidding but would be fun to try and find the keys in the lake.

Old 01-27-2021, 01:15 PM
Overlanding

I actually do, and i have an underwater drone. I do search and rescue and work for a local police department. That lake has zero vision. I have been unfortunate enough to have had first hand experience recovering bodies in there on quite a few different occasions. It's like swimming in chocolate milk.

Old 01-27-2021, 01:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 890 Likes on 642 Posts

If you feel no resistance when you turn the key in the door lock cylinder that likely means the pin or rod that connects the door lock cylinder to the actual lock mechanism is broken. Happened to me back in March 2008. It's a common problem. You can order a high-grade replacement from the seller linked below (a well-known, reputable member of this forum), or you can fabricate one from a 20d nail like I did, as described in the thread also linked below.

https://carrs4x4.com/products/land-r...etime-warranty

https://discoweb.org/index.php?threa...-99-dii.47087/

The following 2 users liked this post by mln01:
mollusc (01-27-2021), whowa004 (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 01:40 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by mln01
If you feel no resistance when you turn the key in the door lock cylinder that likely means the pin or rod that connects the door lock cylinder to the actual lock mechanism is broken. Happened to me back in March 2008. It's a common problem. You can order a high-grade replacement from the seller linked below (a well-known, reputable member of this forum), or you can fabricate one from a 20d nail like I did, as described in the thread also linked below.

https://carrs4x4.com/products/land-r...etime-warranty

https://discoweb.org/index.php?threa...-99-dii.47087/
I had read about this being a common problem, your nail fix is very interesting, great job! I will probably go that route. I also have a couple 3d printers and may play around with designing some parts for it that way as well.

Quick Reply: My Story (Guidance Greatly Appreciated)