Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Toyota Fj Cruiser experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Default My Toyota Fj Cruiser experience

So a while back my wife totaled her 5 spreed tdi jetta and wanted a suv as a replacement. She said she wanted a 4 door jeep ie. the wrangler unlimited series, with that in mind i got her this:

-07 FJ Cruiser, 6 in" rough country lift running on 35's. Front and rear diff's have been re geared to 4.88, stock rear e-locker with an arb air locker installed up front. ARB front bumper with a winch installed.

Anyway stock thees things are very capable and with the mods it has on it makes it more so.

last week i blew up the rear diff, im not new to blowing ur rear diff seeing im on my third on on my disco.

So with that said i pull the rear diff (its a third member) and proceed to drive on only the front and boom:

I have come to hate IFS. Unknown to me at the time lifting a vehicle puts alot of strain on the cv axles if you have a IFS, at least it did to the fj. When my rear blew up on the rover i drove on the front with zero problems other than the occasional torque steer.

So i replaced the cv axle and locked the front axle and limped it to a parking spot at outside the auto hobby shop on base where im waiting till pay day to order and eventually install a new 4.88 ring and pinion gear.