Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my white 02' disco tagged last night

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:32 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my white 02' disco tagged last night

i've only had my 2002 white disco for a week now and yesterday was the first time i took it into the city. (chicago)

some idiots tagged my front hood "land rover douche" and drew some obscene drawings on my doors.

i did a google search (while on the street) about how to take off what looked to be permanent marker. i used the mr. clean magic eraser. took the markings right off. this morning, i washed it and it looks to be fine.

has anyone ever experience this or advice on any permanent damage to the clear coat?

Old 08-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by booyah7
i've only had my 2002 white disco for a week now and yesterday was the first time i took it into the city. (chicago)

some idiots tagged my front hood "land rover douche" and drew some obscene drawings on my doors.

i did a google search (while on the street) about how to take off what looked to be permanent marker. i used the mr. clean magic eraser. took the markings right off. this morning, i washed it and it looks to be fine.

has anyone ever experience this or advice on any permanent damage to the clear coat?
booyah7, which area did you parked your Disco. That truly sucks, I reside in Chicago and hopes that--that never happens to me. You should have file a police report so the Chicago cops can keep an eye of these trouble makers.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:58 PM
5th Gear

i live north outside of the city, but met friends near division and damen. i parked on a side street marion ct. near thomas ave.

some nice people followed me to a near gas station to tell me they saw 2 teenager kids and a old man do it. they even follow the three guys to their house, which was on the corner.

of course, i didn't closed the option of retaliation, but at the same time it doesn't change anything. i'll file the report tomorrow. thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Drifting

That sucks a lot man, I hope the police find them and that they get whats coming to them. There are two things I absolutely detest in this world, and its thieves and vandals

Old 08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The clear coat should be ok because the chemicals in the marker are not strong enough ruin it. It would have to be on there for quite some time to cause any real damage. Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover works very well, and its actaully for cars. Someone wrote on one of my friends cars and we used that and it came right off. Glad the magic eraser worked for you, and I hate it that people are so careless about other people's property... at least it wasnt eggs or something that could really hurt the paint.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I had had my Montero egged once, it sat all night and part of the next day before I noticed it, took it to the car wash and all was fine.
Clear coat is pretty tough and is meant to take the abuse.
You can have your truck re-clear coated once a year at a body shop for $150 or so.
I used to work with a guy who had that done on him Lumina, it was '95 and it looked brand new.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:13 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
I had had my Montero egged once, it sat all night and part of the next day before I noticed it, took it to the car wash and all was fine.
Clear coat is pretty tough and is meant to take the abuse.
You can have your truck re-clear coated once a year at a body shop for $150 or so.
I used to work with a guy who had that done on him Lumina, it was '95 and it looked brand new.
If its real hot, eggs can cook themselfs to the paint... comes off, but not as easy. On the brightside, it leaves behind a perfectly cooked over easy egg!

oh how i will miss seeing the many high school parking lot pranks...

Old 08-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by booyah7
i live north outside of the city, but met friends near division and damen. i parked on a side street marion ct. near thomas ave.

some nice people followed me to a near gas station to tell me they saw 2 teenager kids and a old man do it. they even follow the three guys to their house, which was on the corner.

of course, i didn't closed the option of retaliation, but at the same time it doesn't change anything. i'll file the report tomorrow. thanks for the heads up.
Your better than me, I would have trhown a Molotov Coctail on their porch.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by llPANCHOll
Your better than me, I would have trhown a Molotov Coctail on their porch.
Molotov Cocktail through their ****ing window is more like it.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I would personally drop a deuce on their porch every night for the next week.
Walk right up at 2am, drop trou and leave a nice fresh steamin' pile, corn and all.

Quick Reply: my white 02' disco tagged last night