Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Necessary step for some shuttle valve bypass methods.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2023, 01:54 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Necessary step for some shuttle valve switch bypass methods.

If you're using a shuttle valve switch bypass method in which the shuttle valve switch remains connected to the hydraulic control block wiring /circuit via the shuttle valve plug/ connector this is a necessary step. If you've already used the aforementioned type of procedure and it didn't work you, you may be in luck and only have to cut and switch the protruding wires. around! Thanks to everybody that helped me realize that there are several different shuttle switch valve bypass methods and that the procedure/ necessary step I discovered only works on some of them. I'm sorry I went through everything so quickly in the video, if you have any questions feel free to contact me, I'm also going to post a second video that shows a type of the shuttle valve bypass method that this applies to below.

Last edited by Rover Easy; 10-22-2023 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Left out a word
Old 10-22-2023, 02:04 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a video showing the shuttle valve switch bypass method I used that didn't work until I realized in this particular method the polarity matters. Once I got the polarity straight all the functions: Traction control, hill descent control, etc. functioned perfectly. I performed this procedure two years ago and haven't had a problem since. That being said: I don't know which shuttle valve bypass method is the best all I can do is describe my experience.