Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need ecu help please!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:31 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need ecu help please!!!!!

hello, i have a well its supposed to be a 96 disco v8 but when i look stuff up it shows like a 95. no spider ect... ok my sister owned the car and she went to store she never set the alarm and when she got back in the car it started going off. no start nothing. she got it towed back and its been sitting about a yr. i decided to take a look and keep it myself. i went through all the alarm guides and never got it to deactivate. i dont have a remote and didnt want to spend 250 dollars for new fob and key cuz i dont know if thats going to work anyway. i followed some guides to bypass the ecu immoblizer. i cut the 2 orange and black wires to ecu and tied them together. that got my starter going. then on the fuel relay i tapped into a ground wire that goes to the ecu and grouned elsewhere now i got the fuel pump going. but im still not getting any spark. any suggestions for that. dont know if the crank sensor or ignition coil runs through the ecu and if it does what wires to cut and bypass. ive been looking 4 days to find wire diagram to ecu with no luck. any help on what to do next would be great. thank you

Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Have you downloaded the RAVE manual?
Just do a search for it on the forum.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 AM
8th Gear

thanx spike i dl it but never seen it yet. i have to burn to cd or find a program to run it. do u know if it says how to bypass or i will just get the wire diagram from it. thanx 4 reply

Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

unlock and lock with the key 3 times in the door. Then, on the final lock, hold it in the lock position for 10 seconds. Then unlock.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
8th Gear

yea i already tried the unlock and lock thing and the 1515 code. i also tried them same things with the turn of ignition and open and close the doors. no go, somthing is causing the alarm to stay activated. one thing i noticed was the back windows dont roll down. do u think that could b causing that. i put a meter on wires to switches and nothing. i put the front window plugs on the rear switches and it did work the front windows so i know the switches r good. i also checked the wires to central button and nothing. the fuses r good. the only thing i can figure its in the ecu. i took the ecu apart and all solder conn. look good. i just got off work so im going to burn the rave manual now and hopfully i can bypass the durn ECU. if you think the rear windows would cause the alarm to stay activated let me know. there all the way up now. really appreciate ur help spike.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

On DI's the window lift ECU gets cracks at the solder joints and the rear windowws will not work.
Resolder the joints and they will work once again.
No the window lift ECU is not the cause of your no start problem.
The window lift ECU is behind the glove box.
Remove the glove box.

I am at a loss on this, sorry.
If you get it figured out though PLEASE post it so that others with this problem can be helped.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Camel Trophy

When you say it shows up like a 95, do you have coil packs or a distributor?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:40 PM
8th Gear

im not sure the differance but mine has a straight line of 8 coils. i think its has 2 coil packs with 4 running of ach one. i dont know where the title is but the tag reg. says 96 yr. it just dont have a spider and other electonics that i see alot of 96 s have. i dl the rave to cd and dont see a wire diagram for the ecu. i just need to find out the color of the wire that runs the main spark system at the ecu plug. i already have the starter and fuel pump bypassing the ecu. just cant get no fire.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Camel Trophy

These have an intricate immobiliser. I will see what I can find.

You have a 96.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Camel Trophy

You sure your EKA code is 1515? May want to call the local dealer and check it. I don't know how to bypass the alarm ECU. It takes more than shorting the B/BO wires.

Last edited by okdiscoguy; 03-17-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: need ecu help please!!!!!