Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to find instrument cowl

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to find instrument cowl

Land Rover 2004 Discovery II SE - LR Part #: FAP100860PUY

Been looking for this for a while. Screw tabs broke on mine and need to replace it. Checked Rover Land Parts, Rover's North and Atlantic British.

thanks

Old 06-30-2014, 08:51 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

If you're having a problem with the two lower mounts you can always use longer black screws along with small black washers. That will enable you to compensate for the broken plastic. If the mounts on the upper portion of the bezel are broken, there is little you can do besides replacing the part.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:53 AM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

I'd be wondering why that is broken, check the cluster for black electrical tape which would be blocking some of the warning lights... Some have even had the lights removed from the board...

A common low life trick to sell these trucks when they break.

Every light in the cluster should illuminate at ignition switch position one for a short time. If any don't light then you have issues and probably codes.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM
TReK

It's not as easy to remove the bulbs on a DII as is is on a DI or RRC. The only bulbs you have access to are for the four major gauges and the odometer. There are plenty of reasons why the bezel was removed at some point over the last ten years ranging from replacing one of those five bulbs to more serious work like replacing an ignition switch assembly. It's easier and cleaner with the bezel off to access the shear bolts.

Attached Thumbnails Need to find instrument cowl-img_7263.jpg  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sometimes those tabs just decide to brake. Mine did not long ago while I was cleaning the dash. I haven't found a replacement part yet. Currently have it taped to the main dash with double sided tape... although with heat, it's not holding very well. I may just end up running some short screws through it to hold it down.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a beige one that is in good condition.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:33 PM
TReK

In the Land Rover part number FAP100860PUY, the PUY is the color code for Black. No offense intended but the Land Rover color code for your Bahama Beige bezel is SUC.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:42 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

groeder24 I'm looking for a black one but the beige will do for now. Please send me an email with the details and I'll get right back to you. smonczka@hotmail...com drop the extra dots. And thank you.

My original, the flanges that hold the bottom two screws were broken so when I lifted it off the dash I did it improperly and broke both the upper tabs off on the inside that hold the top of the cowl in place.

And thank you all for your responses. It's nice to see my knew hobby has a support structure that comes with it.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:27 PM
TReK

I've sold people Bahama Beige bezels and they've successfully painted them to more closely match the black interior. There just aren't that many good black bezels floating around. The last one I sold on eBay went for over $100.

I know that on some of the Range Rover Classic models that had limited edition colors, Land Rover painted trim pieces to match when the original supply was used up. I've come across seat frame plinths that were painted black on one side with Sorrel Brown on the inside.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
In the Land Rover part number FAP100860PUY, the PUY is the color code for Black. No offense intended but the Land Rover color code for your Bahama Beige bezel is SUC.
None taken. Was just giving an option since there aren't many out there.

Quick Reply: Need to find instrument cowl