Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help knowing what a button does...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help knowing what a button does...

I have a 03 discovery SE and can't figure out what the button below the button to turn on the fog lights does. The picture on it looks like a reverse of the fog light button's. TIA

Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

if the lines comming out of the lamp (the picture on the switch) are straight, and not pointed down, then youre correct, it is the reverse of your fog lights... youre rear fog lights

Old 02-24-2009, 09:40 PM
KBW
Mudding

damn guess mine are broke. I pushed it and went behind my car and the lights didn't come on. Are they the same thing as the normal reverse lights?

Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have an owner's manual? It will tell you in there what it is. If you don't download the RAVE manual which includes the owner's manual.

Roverguy is correct. The switch you are asking about is for your rear fog lights. To turn the rear fog lights on the low beams and the ignition have to be on.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

theyre red, in all honesty, it makes it look like your third brake light is out if youre driving with them on... ive actually been pulled over for it, cop let me off, but pretty sure that was just cus im so damn charming

Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 AM
KBW
Mudding

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Do you have an owner's manual? It will tell you in there what it is. If you don't download the RAVE manual which includes the owner's manual.

Roverguy is correct. The switch you are asking about is for your rear fog lights. To turn the rear fog lights on the low beams and the ignition have to be on.
Forgive me for being a newb but where can I download this RAVE manual? TIA

To add my buddy is obviously blind as tonight when it was dark I pushed the button and noticed a noticeable change in the light behind me looking in my side mirror so they obviously work. Will probably change them to led's anyway

Old 02-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by roverguy7
theyre red, in all honesty, it makes it look like your third brake light is out if youre driving with them on... ive actually been pulled over for it, cop let me off, but pretty sure that was just cus im so damn charming

He thoght that you were riding the brakes.
The rear fogs are not to be used during normal driving, only in dense fog, heavy rain, blizzard, etc.
Anytime visability is really low and you need to keep from getting slammed in the buttocks.

As for chaning your tail lights over to LED's, why? If you live where it snows because LED's do not get hot your tail lights will get covered in snow and people will not see you and you will get rear ended.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's the page in your owner's manual..from RAVE.

Attached Thumbnails Need help knowing what a button does...-fog-lights-03-04.jpg  
Old 02-25-2009, 08:36 PM
KBW
Mudding

Originally Posted by Spike555
He thoght that you were riding the brakes.
The rear fogs are not to be used during normal driving, only in dense fog, heavy rain, blizzard, etc.
Anytime visability is really low and you need to keep from getting slammed in the buttocks.

As for chaning your tail lights over to LED's, why? If you live where it snows because LED's do not get hot your tail lights will get covered in snow and people will not see you and you will get rear ended.
I live in South Carolina and see snow maybe every other year (people call an inch a "blizzard" haha). I know a guy that custom makes LED's that are a lot brighter than what is in there at the moment. I'm halfway through making my LED driving halos (BMW style) in the front.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
KBW
Mudding

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Anyone know where I can download this RAVE manual?

Quick Reply: Need help knowing what a button does...