Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Lead on Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Lead on Front Bumper

Backstory:

Hit a large,75 poundish dog this PM on my way to my night class. Knocked dog into other lane where it was near instaneously ran over by a plow.

Dog owner, a patient of my SO, had a stroke and is not in a financial position to have my Rover repaired.

Now, I'm looking for a used front bumper for an '03 Disco (no fog lights) and will probably be paying out of pocket.

A Google search lists hundreds of salvage yards that claim to be able to get one, but no price or gurantee of having it available.

Anyone have anything more concrete?

Thanks.

Footnote: No students showed up at my night class. Needless to say it was an unnecessary and expensive trip.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Lead on Front Bumper

Here's one, I don't know if it is still available. It even has fog lights.

https://landroverforums.com/m_75116/tm.htm

Willie

Old 12-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

www.autosportsunlimited.com, they just got a '04 in a couple of weeks ago.
The '04 bumper will work just fine on a '03.

So let me get this straight, YOU killed HIS dog and you want him to pay for the repair? What kind of animal are you?

Havent called your insurance agent yet have you? Call them tommorrow, I bet they will cover it.
It's just like hitting a deer.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: Spike555

So let me get this straight, YOU killedhis cowand you want him to pay for the repair? What kind of animal are you?
Fixed for argument's sake.

Same concept.

His oversized animal got loose and created a dangerous situation. As sorry as I am that it happened, I shouldn't have to pay for the damage.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:48 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So let me get this straight, YOU killed HIS dog and you want him to pay for the repair? What kind of animal are you?
yeah, seriously...and the dog got ran over by a snow slow too? geez. Slow down and watch the road. Not trying to be an a-hole, but did you not see a 75lbs dog?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle

So did you hit a cow or a dog? I hope it was a cow.

Call Will Tillery, http://www.roverguy.com/

RoverLandParts sell them for $600, but they are out of stock right now.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: NiteTrain

yeah, seriously...and the dog got ran over by a snow slow too? geez. Slow down and watch the road. Not trying to be an a-hole, but did you not see a 75lbs dog?

Not to turn this thread to an accident report, but I *did* see the dog coming and did hit my brakes.

Hard.

There's only so much you can do on a wet road in a snow storm.

What more could I do? Swerve and take the snow plow head on? Veer hard right and take the hillside?

The dog never looked in either direction and both neighbors I spoke with felt that this would happen some day.

I'm not happy that it happened, the owners are upset, and the dog is no longer with us. There aren't any winners here.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

No, NEVER swerve to miss a animal, NEVER!!
If the dog was a repeat offender in getting loose then I can see asking him to pay for part of the repair, or part of your deductable.
If it was a "act of God" as insurance companies like to call it then no, he has suffered enough.

It is never fun to kill someones pet, I have ran over countless cats with my FedEx van, the one that made me feel the worst was the little girls cat that I creamed...in front of the bus stop as she was getting off the school bus.

To many people die every year here in MI because they swerved to miss a deer and hit a tree instead.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Last week my friend was driving a Montero Sport and swerved to miss a cat. Instead he hit a phone pole, rolled his truck and could have killed himself and our 3 friends that were with him. Luckily no one was hurt, but now he has no car.

I think the worst part is he had it towed to a junkyard. They gave him $300 for it. I told him he should have called me, I would have towed it to my house and parted it out. He probably could have gotten a few grand on the parts that were still good.

But seriously though I'm just glad no one was hurt or killed.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Three Wheeling

I have a 2003 Disco and I am looking to put a ARB bumper on so I need to sell my front bumper. It is in good shape with some minor scratches that could be buffed out. It has the fog lights. How much are you willing to pay? I am located in Minneapolis, MN

Quick Reply: Need Lead on Front Bumper