Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need pdf copy of Rave CD

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pdf copy of Rave CD

Does anyone have a pdf copy of the Rave CD that you could email me? I downloaded the .iso image file from green-oval.com but due to computer issues I have not been able to open it. My pdf software is working fine though.

Thanks.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need pdf copy of Rave CD

I'm having the same problem.

I downloaded it from two open sources and both images will not write to the CD.

I'll let you know if I find it in PDF.

MWmG

Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 PM
4wd Low

The whole CD is a pdf, and it's gigantic, must be 10,000 pages. Just download the .iso file and then get Alcohol 120% and create a virtual drive on your computer. Within Alcohol 120% you can see the Virtual Drive icon on the left hand side under options. It worked fairly easily for me, hopr you have a similar experience.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Overlanding

Go to green-oval dot com. Select Downloads from the lefthand menu board. Select Land Rover Data from the Download menu. From the Documents page, select the RAVE disc you need. Download to a separate folder- these are monster files and will take approx 20 minutes to download. Don't forgetto tip their PayPal jar.

My recommendation is NOT to create a virtual CD with Alcohol 120. Rather burn yourself a proper CD using an .iso file writer utility (you will find plenty freebies on Google). This is way more stable, as RAVE uses Acrobat Ver 4.0 which clashes with any later Acrobat release (thank you Adobe!), and if loaded as a CD, will work without grating on your Reader Ver 8.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Overlanding

I found a copy of the rave disk you are looking for on ebay for $10.99 +$3.99S/H it is definatly a disk to have but will take a long time to download. If you want I can probably get it onto a disk for you! greenbayfan@zoominternet.net

Old 10-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Overlanding

Fonz- it's all there. Justgeta .iso writer utility off Google, and finish the gig. If I have to e-mail you this CD, it will take years.. the "open" RAVE .pdf filesis HUGE...

Old 10-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Overlanding

Jeez, Fonzie, e-mail me. I'll try and forward you one, but yikes, is't a BIG FILE... worth a try , though.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Mudding

Thanks Jack. after futzing around for awhileI was actually able to open the file using Alcohol but I couldn't burn it to CD due to my CD burner having issues. Then I had to uninstall Alcohol as it was causing conflicts with Windows Media Player. So now I'm back to square one; with a RAVE.iso file that I can't open

I'll try to google a different iso utility like you suggested.

At least I got a sneak peak...WOW! This is truly the bible for discovery owners.

One quirk with this image file is that when you are able to open it you will see a pdf "Welcome" page with a nice photo of a sunset, but there is only one page listed in the page-counter at thebottom left hand corner (where it always is on a pdf). So this lead me to think that I had an incomplete download. It took me a while futzing around before I realized you have to click on the sunset photo to gain access to the the hundreds of other pages. This must be something peculiar to iso files being read in pdf? Usually all the pages available are clearly shown in the page counter on the very first page.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Fonzie - I finally got my download file to open... without alcohol!!!

After doing everything a typical computer geek would do; I simply double clicked the green Rover icon and it worked.

MWmG

Old 10-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Mudding

That's how I got mine to open too, but only after I had first loaded it into Alcohol. Now, since I uninstalled Alcohol it won't open anymore...I figure the Alchohol uninstall took some RAVE files with it [&o]

Have since tried to open it with another .iso utility, as Jack suggested...no luck. Even re-downloaded the RAVE file...still no good. I wasted enough time on this, I'm just going to pay the $20 on ebayto have aCD mailed.