Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some guidance for tie rod end parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

You mean like where he posted it for sale/trade on here yesterday?

https://landroverforums.com/forum/pr...edition-56839/

Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Not really for sale guys just curious if anyone has an HSE or if I could make a deal for a LR3. Not a big deal and Im still working with my Disco under the assumption that it will be mine for years to come - hints the upcoming work with tie rods, brake booster, intake canister etc. I figure Im giving up in the "retrofitting ace" idea so you guys should be happy

Cant we just agree that most everything these days is made in China or some other region in Asia? lol Ill give Luck8 a try, though I wish his site was more professional looking and he used the automatic spell correct feature! Members here say hes got dam good products so why not? I would love to order all my parts from RoversNorth considering their excellent customer service and close proximity to me, but their prices are not often good enough to win my loyalty.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are you so obsessed with ACE that you're willing to give up on your current truck? Didn't you send months searching for just the right model and another few months paying for it? You even traded your Saab away to get it. Now 3 months later you're turning your back on it? Call me crazy, but cars know when they are loved. Every time you sit in your disco and mutter "if only you had ACE..." It hears that and gets dejected and started giving up, starts breaking down.

Love your car, it'll love you back. Be happy that you got your Trail Edition with black leather and charcoal paint. That's what you wanted when you were looking.

To switch cars every few months cause you want some random gadget gets expensive fast. Nevermind the fact your truck won't pass inspection for the check engine light, TRE and a brake system failure, you won't get any money for it.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

$12k??!! Good luck with that. In this area you can get the same year vehicle with fewer miles for under $8k: Land Rover Discovery 2004
There's even a truck for sale that's even more of a "trail edition" for under $10k. And this one's very serious, as you can tell by the unstoppable combination of street tires, no lift, a winch and running boards: 2003 Land Rover Discovery Warn WINCH ROOF RACK OFFROAD MACHINE!
I think it's the black wheels that will really get you through the tough stuff.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

that second one is in southie you have to wonder why Overlander on A st. (boston rover) is not selling it. but good points

Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The winch is for dragging the d-bag that stole your shoveled parking spot out into the middle of the street.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

you may need it to winch the kitchen table and chairs out of the parking spot.
It amazzing what happen there after a snow storm, you see everything but big screen TV sitting it parking spaces holding spots, And the city lets them get away with it.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
$12k??!! Good luck with that. In this area you can get the same year vehicle with fewer miles for under $8k: Land Rover Discovery 2004
There's even a truck for sale that's even more of a "trail edition" for under $10k. And this one's very serious, as you can tell by the unstoppable combination of street tires, no lift, a winch and running boards: 2003 Land Rover Discovery Warn WINCH ROOF RACK OFFROAD MACHINE!
I think it's the black wheels that will really get you through the tough stuff.
Read the whole ad before you criticize. I have no intention of getting $12,000 or even $8,000! I dont even want to sell the truck, only reason it is posted is in case someone with a specific vehicle reads it - maybe they will consider my offer, maybe not. Also already obligated myself to finishing up the brake work (IE: brake booster) , tie rods and check engine light so back off my *** for once. If you dont like my ad to dam bad, and if you dont like ACE thats your issue. I love my truck like you guys do and WE ALL whisper about how we wish our rovers had this or that or got better MPG or were more reliable. I figure instead of posting threads with crazy ideas that get me no where, why not out up a for sale/trade ad and see where it goes if anywhere at all. If nothing happens so what, because I still have a great truck. I see it as a win win situation. Keep a great truck or trade it for another great truck with ACE, or a newer Rover with more cargo space. Just leaving all my options open guys.

PS: Thanks ZGPhoto for getting the Terrafirma steering rod kit added to Rovers North! Seems to be the same part sold by Lucky8, but its alot closer and RN actually takes the time to respond to my inquirers. 2 days later and Ive still yet to hear anything back from Lucky8 - guess they dont care about potential new customers Nevertheless Ill be ordering the steering rod kit next Thursday: TERRAFIRMA, TF255, STEERING ROD DISCOVERY 2, DISCO II - Land Rover Parts | Rovers North

Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Maybe they don't like you I always get a response the same day, or I go old fashioned and call.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Maybe they don't like you I always get a response the same day, or I go old fashioned and call.
More like they dont like my money lol. But yeah I went to their website after hearing many positive reviews from fellow members, and sent them a email asking for more information on their stainless steel steering rod kit, and also asked for information about the company itself etc. Usually part vendors have a bio section that talks about the company, their goals and how they came to be who they are today etc. Did not see anything like that on the lucky8 website.... I did notice alot of miss spelling though

Quick Reply: Need some guidance for tie rod end parts