Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bios plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 12:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts
Default New Bios plate

After having the car for 14 years I decided it was time to replace the Bios plate to get rid of the wobbly gear lever, I check out you tube found a go video, .... a got stuck in, drilled out the 9 pop rivets

I found my inner seal torn , and tried every where to get a replacement for a now not in production piece of rubber, no luck, but how to fix it,

I did try gluing with a gasket seal it seamed to work OK but wanting to reinforce it more I was stuck as I could not get a decent section of rubber to use,....

a flash of inspiration I went to my local tyre store, asked for and got on old inner tube

enough good quality rubber to do both sides of the torn Gaiter

on the video the man doing it found it hard to replace the 2 springs so I did it a different way

I did the right one first, I screwed the spring bolt in approx half way the put the gear box in first the spring was easy to lift up and past the gear lever with a long screwdriver, then ran the bolt almost fully in

left spring the same only this time I put the box in 5th gear and did the same

now having drilled the pop rivets out I decided that I would replace the with self tapping bolts and screw plates a lot easier to get off again if I need too

and you can see one side of the repaired gaiter were I used the inner tube.