Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New D2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Waterless Coolant for:

Modern production cars primarily fabricated from a mixture of cast iron, copper, steel and aluminium components
Boiling Point:

Above 375°F
Antifreeze Properties:

Protects below -40°F
Benefits:

Reduces System Pressure, Prevents Overheating, Maximises BHP
Corrosive Properties:

Eliminates corrosion and erosion
Life Span:

Protects for life
Toxicity:

Non-Toxic

Home » Evans Cooling

Old 06-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm not biased - the Evans looks like it might be great stuff.

That's why I asked about his experiences with it.

It might be perfect for these trucks because of the way they tend to blow head gaskets around the cooling passages on the end of heads. A non-pressurized system might fix that problem permanently.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah, the more I look into it the more I think it might be a good thing. If I ever do a rebuild or head gaskets I will most definitely try it.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

looks like they want you to seal the weep hole on the water pump and get rid of the bypass system and buy their special tstat and you will run a little bit hotter,but consistent.

Q. Will Evans Waterless Coolant cause my engine to run at a higher temperature?
The operating temperature of the engine and coolant may increase slightly, by approximately 3-7 degrees. However the temperature inside the engine will be consistent and steam vapor will not be produced. i.e engines often run cooler with Evans Waterless Coolants.

also it seems that after the conversion, water becomes the antichrist. +3% h20 is bad news.
seems like it could be an advancement, but
you guys try it first and let me know

Last edited by dusty1; 06-05-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Evans is good stuff. I have used it on my motorcycles for MX and offroad. For hardcore LR and offroading it would be very beneficial.

ABS light can be one of several issues. Get the codes

Old 06-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

STRANGE COINCIDENT
funny there was a show on the other night some rat rod show filmed in Vegas, don't no the name.
well anyway the guy take out his father 421 tri-power GTO and overheats it all over the strip, pulls the t-stat (stuck) continues running it.
the next day the father sees the car leaking asks what happened, the guy admits he took the car out and it overheated.
the father goes APE because the motor has water-less antifreeze in it, and he had better not destroyed his 421 by putting water in it.
then the show ended.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphobell
Yeah, the more I look into it the more I think it might be a good thing. If I ever do a rebuild or head gaskets I will most definitely try it.
My thought exactly, and my HGs need to be done now. I just won't have time for them anytime soon.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Run the least amount of coolant you can. If you live where it is not going to freeze put 20% Green coolant with 80% water.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
Default evans

Ihave used it on bmws, the cooling system fails because the parts are plastic and the heat and ages causes them to crack. So with evans there is no pressure, you could drive with the cap off. My thinking was that with out the pressure it may help the head gasket issue.

I am certainly open to feedback, I just picked up the rover today.

Originally Posted by dr. mordo
I hadn't heard of the Evans coolant before, so I did some googling.

It sounds pretty interesting, but this thread has some info that would make me nervous.

"It's heat capacity and conduction are less than water so you MAY need to increase cooling capacity to stay at optimum temps. Usually this is not an issue and the engine tends to run at a slightly higher temperature but a more even temperature. The cooling system will also be more resilient, impossible to boil-over and very unlikely to overheat."

That statement is worrying because the cooling system on these trucks is not as robust as I'd like. During the Summer in Arkansas, the system can't keep up with the increase in ambient temps and the coolant temp increases 10ish degrees. I've been thinking about switching to a high flow electric fan to fight that creep, and I've heard of people considering a deeper radiator, thought I don't know if anyone has actually done it.

When you ran Evans before, how did it change the running temp of the truck?

Old 06-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
Default ABS code

[
My ABS codes were 1590 1412 1415
I cleared them and only the ABS one came back.

QUOTE=Yoops Racing;467037]Evans is good stuff. I have used it on my motorcycles for MX and offroad. For hardcore LR and offroading it would be very beneficial.

ABS light can be one of several issues. Get the codes[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: New D2 questions